Senior level professional that performs a corporate financial function as it relates to project accounting and financial controls. Interprets corporate policies and procedures for governance to GAAP, revenue recognition, backlog and sales. Contract review and interpretation, primarily in the area of fee, compensationlanguage and terms with emphasis on budget structure, compliance with financial controls and standards of performance. Provides expert level financial analysis and reporting to support management decision making. Demonstrates strong business acumen, coupled with the ability to communicate findings to corporate leaders.
- Provides consultation to support HNTB’s Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA), Sophisticated Sales Approach (SSA), Sophisticated Contracting Approach (SCA) and Coordinated Delivery Review Process (CDR). This can include engagement in the areas of situational analysis, financialrisk assessments, and process development aimed at firm-wide strategic objectives.
Responsible for HNTB's project management and accounting budget review process:
- Ensures HNTB policy and procedures and contractual requirements are established in the project management and accounting system, while delivering timely progress reports to management on deficiencies, recommendations, and remediation steps. Assist management with corrective action measures.
Provides oversight and guidance (reviewing for compliance and clarity) to the project and office business teams, key stakeholders and office leadership through data analysis, reporting and analytic
- Provides a high level of expertise utilizing HNTB’s project management and accounting system and in developing solutions for investigation and remediation strategies. This role serves as a liaison between system end users, systems admin and IT support
- Identifies system requirements, reporting and enhancements in collaboration with the project management and accounting system design team. May include participation in project management and accounting system training programs.
- Supports corporate initiatives and special projects aimed at best business practices and driving consistency in project financial controls.
- Develops, coordinates, edits and publishes Financial and GAAP related policies, SOPs and guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
8 years accounting, finance, or business related experience
- Knowledge of all agreement types (Client, Sub-consultant, Joint Venture) and all fee types (Lump Sum, Cost Plus, Rates, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of project management (PM) systems, including the data sources, data reports and timing of data calculations.
- Ability to interpret project managementreport formulas and data, and have the ability toinvestigate potential system andreportglitches.
Master's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
10 years Accounting, finance or business related experience in the A/E or construction management industry
- Technical excellence
- Effective listening skills
- Customer focused
- Analytical. Effective problem solving skills
- Adaptable to change
- Effective written and oral communication skills.