The NOC Supervisor is responsible for providing quality and efficient operation of the NOC through the daily management of a team of employees to include motivating, recognizing and rewarding, coaching, counseling, training, and problem solving. Additionally, the position is responsible for assisting the manager with development, analyses and implementation of staffing, training, and scheduling.
- Supervise NOC team. Assign client requests and proactive work as needed.
- Assist as an escalation resource for all client issues. Provide direction on both technical and communication approach to help maintain best-in-class customer service.
- Use ConnectWise Manage and reporting tools to monitor ticket volume and performance of individual NOC team members. Ensure response time goals per service level agreement are consistently met.
- Review completed tickets for quality assurance. Review customer service and technical feedback with individual team members.
- Review and manage NOC Engineers performance and productivity
- Work with NOC Manager and provide input for continual improvement of standards, documentation, and processes.
- Hold huddles as needed to give each team member the opportunity to discuss open issues, help needed, and help to offer.
- Use strong customer service skills (good organization, clear helpful communication, and timely response and resolution) to help maintain best-in-class customer service.
- Serve as the leader of the team that acts as primary responder for all server/Network issues and customer complaints, monitors the progress of events and supplies the client, partner or vendor with updates
- Supervise a Network Operations team that can scale with the needs of the business
- Resolve incidents in a timely manner, ensuring that the service SLAs are met
- Act as an incident manager on incident bridges
- Supervise, mentor and train the NOC engineers on the SOP and processes
- Develop and continuously improve SOPs and processes
- Execute Service and Change requests in a timely manner and ensure SLA's are met
- Assist in the development of workflows and procedures for the team based on industry standard framework
- Work closely with other departments to streamline processes in support of the business
- Leadership, supervision and development of the Network Operations team
- Constant improvement of processes and procedures
- Must be available for network emergencies 7 x 24. Some evening and/or weekend work as necessary based upon workload
Additional Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage client's SLAs
- Ensure proper resolution and Customer Satisfaction
- Conduct and prepare QBRs with clients
- Problem Management and customer's environment optimization
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related or Business field preferred from an accredited university
- 5+ years of progressive IT experience and 2+ years overseeing client operations in a technical and advisory role
- Hands-on skills/experience managing enterprise-wide systems, LANs, WANs, WLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Proven track record in Leading and managing technical teams.
- Managed Services experience, including ConnectWise and Labtech tools, preferred.
- Experienced in management/support of multiple dissimilar client environments with the goal finding efficiencies through standardization and best practices.
- Senior-level understanding of network configuration and network hardware. Proficiency in routing, sub-netting, NAT, firewall management, etc.
- Senior-level understanding of Windows AD, Exchange Administration, DNS, DHCP, etc.
- Experienced in supporting Windows, Microsoft Office, and Office 365 products.
- Proficient in managing modern appliance-based and D2C backup solutions as well as remediating related issues.
- VMware experience preferred.
- Experienced in the imaging/setup of workstation builds from hardware to details of Windows profile configuration.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for day-to-day end user requests such as performance, printing, email-related issues, viruses, etc
- Knowledge of ITIL service management model
- Ability to work well in a cross-functional team environment
- Must have excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer
- Ability to demonstrate high standards of conduct and ethics as well as appropriate judgment, independence, and discretion
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Strong work ethic and personal drive to excel
- Strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done
- Superior negotiation, coordination, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to use (and learn new) complex systems, technologies, and applications
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Cisco/Microsoft/VMWare/AWS Certificates
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- High stress and fast paced tolerance
Less than 25%
Ability to handle multiple priorities and demands in a fast-paced environment. This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.