Safety Business Development Lead
Overall Responsibility and Expectation:
This position will be responsible for consistently driving sales growth in North America for Customer Support & Maintenance’s (CSM) Safety Services. The role requires a proven track record of executing complex sales pursuits as well as technical experience with safety consulting services related to machinery, energy isolation, and electrical distribution systems. This individual must demonstrate collaborative and cross functional leadership skills, as their responsibilities will also include working with North America sales territories, sales management, business unit domain experts, and strategic partners to Rockwell Automation. Global collaboration, project coordination, market access and strategy planning will be needed as required.
- Engage with the Rockwell Automation Strategic Account Managers to identify target accounts and configure enterprise-wide safety solutions using the entire Safety Services portfolio tailored to the accounts’ specific needs.
- Develop, drive, and maintain effective partnerships with SI/SP’s and 3rd party sales. Manage SI/SP relationships to increase volume of opportunities and establish a viable SI/SP-Safety Services combined customer solution. Management of 3rd party sales includes monitoring activities/forecast, providing technical commercial support, and ensuring continuity with normal RA channel practices.
- Actively manage overall funnel and sales forecast including: Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Funnel Reviews, Target Account Progression, New Customer Generation, Financial Forecasting, and Proposal Generation/Revenue Target Review.
- Develop a more cohesive and combined services offering across the entire safety portfolio of consultative safety services.
- Lead the engineering team’s commercial activities on sales support, pre sales consulting engagements, and proposals.
- Competency development of territory sales teams, limited authorized distributor sales teams, and customers through conducting regular learning sessions, participate in/coordinate Rockwell Automation lead seminars and trade shows.
- Coordination with RA safety champions outside of direct reporting structure to develop service consulting opportunities, education, and awareness in the broader RA organization.
- Support development of new service offerings and offering launches as needed based on the business strategy and product manager’s direction.
- Support marketing strategy and coordination with RA marketing staff as required.
- Associates degree required, preferably in Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of Automation, Engineering Services or Manufacturing industry experience required.
- Ability to develop technical value propositions and demonstrating business and financial acumen, quantifying return on investment, Capital planning, Operational Budget management.
- Proven experience and demonstrated track record in developing account penetration.
- Must have time-management skills and experience in working on assigned tasks and managing multiple tasks at the same time.
- Detail-oriented and organizational skills required.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering is preferred.
- 10 years or more of Automation, Engineering Services or Manufacturing industry experience preferred.
- Sales or marketing experience preferred.
- Past direct or indirect team/people management and proven track record of leadership in order to drive accelerated growth/results.