The Credit Card Business Manager leads the bank’s credit card programs. Reporting to the Product Management Group Manager, the position manages key vendor relationships while collaborating with other internaldepartments (including Credit Administration, Information Technology, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Compliance and others). The position is responsible for overall program planning and execution in order to generate revenue, maximize short and long-term profitability and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Leads and supervises the bank’s credit card program in support of the bank’s business objectives. Ensures that credit card products and solutions meet customer and market needs with a high degree of customer satisfaction; meet profit, growth and other financial objectives; demonstrate compliance with law and regulation; and are operationally sound.
- Tracks and reports credit card activity and key metrics to senior management.
- Manages key credit card vendor relationships and strategic partnerships in support of profitability, quality, customer satisfaction, and other business objectives.
- In collaboration with others, researches, recommends, develops and implements strategic plans for the bank’s credit card program.
- In collaboration with Operations, Retail Banking, Credit Administration, vendors and others, develops, implements and monitors underlying internal processes that support rigorous, cost-effective and timely credit card programs. Assists in the design and implementation of credit card operations policies and procedures and recommends changes to improve efficiency, increase revenue, or enhance the customer experience.
- Collaborates cross-functionally throughout the bank to advance credit card programs. Obtains resources and removes obstacles needed to develop and execute credit card products and solutions.
- Works closely with Product Management, Marketing, Digital Channels and other internal groups to drive incremental revenue and increase profitability. Collaborates to create or revise marketing content, promotional programs, product features and benefits, training and channel distribution initiatives.
- Establishes and cultivates business relationships throughout the bank, industry and community in support ofcompany objectives.
- Maintains a working knowledge of federal and state banking laws and regulations as they relate to credit card products, including but not limited to Regulation Z/Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure (CARD) Act; Electronic Fund Transfer Act,; Bank Secrecy Act (BSA/AML); OFAC; Unfair, Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP); ECOA/Regulation B: Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA); Fair Lending; Telephone Consumer Protection Act; Identity Theft Red Flags; FDIC advertising rules; Military Lending Act; Information Security; GLBA; CAN-SPAM Act.
- Works collaboratively with the bank’s Compliance and Legal groups in order to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, And Other Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field, MBA preferred.
- Ten or more years’ experience with credit card products and programs.
- Significant previous experience in cross-functional management of credit card programs or products in a banking or financial services organization.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while progressing toward overall objectives
- Outstanding ability to collaborate and influence colleagues in a cross-functional corporate environment
- Superior writing, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in use of office computers and Windows applications
- Strong business, analytical and planning skills
- Demonstrated strategic and creative thinking skills