Cerner is seeking an Analyst for Population Health. The ideal applicant needs to have a passion for clinical analytics, healthcare data management, and quality measure reporting. The Population Health Analyst primary objective is to develop reporting solutions for healthcare communities with deep and rich clinical content. This will require the associate to be (or become) an expert in many clinical informatics.
• Under general supervision, writes reports and presents data in formats such as abstracts, graphs or summaries.
• Develops technical specs and develops and executes a work plan for uncomplicated analyses.
• Prepares documents, correspondence and other communication materials to convey information to appropriate audiences.
• Assists in the design of reports that integrate data from multiple sources, including design of reporting systems and standardization of metrics and formats across departments and functional areas.
• Enhances database systems and applications for specific reporting requirements.
• Participates on report development teams. Designs and implements report programming according to business requirements and technical specifications.
• Provides advice for other team members regarding technical and analytical issues and best practices.
• Interacts with internal customers to define reporting needs and report specifications
• Interacts/communicates reporting results with external clients as needed.
• Assesses the validity, accuracy, completeness and reliability of data collected and reported.
• Develops and conducts evaluations and studies within limited time frames and produces analyses that are easy for non-technical persons tounderstand.
• Ad hoc analysis as requested.
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, finance, economics, information systems or related field
- At least 3 year of experience working with clinical, financial, and healthcare regulatory metrics
- Knowledge of relational databases, SQL suite, Vertica
- Experience with report writing tools, such as Tableau, Business Objects
- Live or willing to relocate to Kansas City
- Claims knowledge