The Sr. Manager, Trade Marketing has three key deliverables) - NPD Innovation Commercialization plans, Year2 Innovation Leverage Plans and Core Business Growth Plans. This position is responsible for delivering compelling category growth solutions for our customers derived from brand business plans and deployed with the sales team. Accountable to help maximize the distribution of existing products (Grow The Core) and deliver perfect launches of New Product Innovation (Expand for More), and drive commercialization innovation through distribution, pricing, shelf and merchandising initiatives across all product categories so that our brands/products are “Always On” at shelf and in store. The role of this job is to develop and execute trade strategies and build commercialization programs for the 3 Fine Writing Brands (Parker®, Rotring®, Waterman®) with focus on for NA & Latam as well as being responsible to lead specific new commercialization initiatives across regions/brands.
This role will be the most senior Fine Writing person in the Americas which will both lead and execute. He/she will need to act as general manager of the division in the region (cross-functional work and strategic influencing at Director/VP level both internally and externally). This individual will be critical for the success of the Growth Strategy for the Fine Writing division in the region.
Works with manager and direct reports to serve as the performance expert for customer within responsibility including POS trends (Syndicated and Customer), post promotion analysis (ROI), optimal assortment (Category Growth), seasonal/promotional guidance (Key Drive Periods), overall business knowledge including gross sales, invoice sales, net sales and to deliver segment targets in the brand/category they support.
Driving Business Delivery through Selling Teams
- Commercially oriented, act as a Sales Leader for Fine Writing in the region, with top line and P&L responsibility. Develop and execute gap closing activities to ensure budget delivery.
- Leads Fine Writing Sales resources in NA and work together with shared the Writing Sales teams for Mass, OSS and online in order to execute Division Growth Plans across priority channels in the region.
- Participate in key accounts relationship management and evolution, with focus to open up key strategic accounts once again for Fine Writing (like Walmart, Target, Costco, Sam’s, Office Depot retail…)
- Lead yearly deep dives with sales team on innovation and core products opportunities and education.
- Working closely with the Division Leadership team, the candidate will be a pivotal role to develop trade and commercial strategy in order to deliver on the growth ambition to double the US by 2020, achieving $25M revenue by then.
- Lead assessment to identify and develop key untapped, or abandoned, growth opportunities in all of the Americas.
- Executes priorities set by Segment Leadership in service to the corporate strategy
- Provide input to strategically allocate customer funding (using segmentation modeling on growth)
- Tracks success metrics
Line Review/Catalog Review/Seasonal Review
- Support the annual trade management planning process relative to area of responsibility.
- Aligns planning process with Newell Brands and customer planning calendars
- Understands brand and customer priorities and uses the planning process to drive strategic alignment
- Aid in the recommendation of sku assortment priorities, financial guidelines and synergies across customers and brands within area of responsibility.
- Leverages growth driving capabilities including category management, in-store visibility and shopper marketing to deliver comprehensive category growth plans for customers
- Recommends assortment mix to maximize sales and profitability
- Compiles and analyzes market, shopper / end-user, and channel knowledge gaps
- Compiles profiles of competitors and channel customers using primary and secondary research and data
- Gathers competitive and marketplace intelligence and share with the organization
- Collects and summarizes business risks and opportunities.
- Execute within timelines and deliverables for the segment
Pricing and Trade Fund Guidance
- Collects and analyzes account pricing and distribution for NWL and competitive brands
- Understands retailer margin and pricing expectations
- Collects and analyzes channel / regional promotional pricing and pricing activity in line with programming requirements and cost-to-serve, to ensure they are within Division pricing guardrails
- Analyzes and track potential impact of pricing exceptions on channel / region.
- Aid in the analysis of the effectiveness of trade spend within area of responsibility
New Product Launches
- Serve as Trade Marketing voice on the development of launch strategy
- Serve as customer voice in product development meetings
- Works withsales team to complete forecast tools.
- Participate in the development of new item launch and training materials
- Create category selling solutions for our customers
- Responsible for new customers/channels within area of responsibility
- Aid in the development of cross merchandising programs
- Recommend any new product innovation needs to penetrate new channels/customers
- Partnering withSales teams, this role will be responsible to develop untapped, or abandoned, business in all of the Americas
- Provides customer perspective into category strategy development
- Integrates Category Strategy stories in line review and related customer presentations
- Provide input for the monthly Integration meeting during the S&OP process to help to ensure forecast accuracy
- Provide input into Long Term Capacity Planning
- Work closely with the brand teams to manage through SKU rationalization and disposition on E&O
- Collaborates with Trade Management peers across the company to share and apply best practices
- Actively manages professional development of the team that will include one direct AssociateTrade Manager for NA & dotted line support of 1Trade Manager & 2Associates Trade Manager for Latam.
- The candidate should be developmental, someone capable of and seeking a Director role as their next position or 2.
- A four-year college or university degree. Experienceworking within a complex, global business and graduate degree is preferred.
- 5 + years’ work experience in trade management, channel management, brand management, insights and sales, preferably within a consumer goods company of significant size and complexity.
- Proven ability to partner with cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively generates options, build consensus, and execute.
- Comfort dealing with ambiguity and a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Fluent in English, added value business level for Spanish
Job ID 1703887