The Fahrenheit Group is assisting our client for the search of their new Sr. Wealth Advisor for their Charleston, WVA location.
The Senior Wealth Advisor's primary role is to act as the relationship manager for a diverse network of clients. This individual will have a broad and deep understanding of sophisticated wealth management practices and investment strategies. The Senior Wealth Advisor actively participates in the retention of existing clients including assisting in preparing and presenting proposals to clients, reconciling account assets, maintaining and reviewing contracts, evaluating financial products and services and evaluating the feasibility of potential strategic acquisitions and make recommendations based on analyses. The ideal candidate will have extensive impact/mission related investing expertise and be able to operate in an autonomous and entrepreneurial environment maintaining a sales and client-centered focus.
Senior Wealth Advisors are team players and methodical business builders with experience and expertise as trusted wealth advisors serving the sophisticated needs of ultra-high net worth individuals and families. S/he must have exceptional understanding of the full range of investment expertise in wealth management and related products, services and processes.
- Responsible for team initiatives to include participating in joint prospect and client meetings and responding to inquiries as appropriate
- Ability to discuss investment performance, economic and market trends
- Meet with clients on a quarterly basis, or as needed, to review their portfolio's performance and present appropriate recommendations
- Develops leads and referrals from current clients and outside contacts
- Prepare and present pitch materials to prospective clients
- Reconcile account assets with account invoices to ensure accurate billing for services rendered
- Serve as a primary point of contact for the Fortigent Network and other third party vendors and business partners who perform outsourcing services for the Wealth Management Group
- Maintain and periodically review contracts and other documentation relating to arrangements with third-party vendors
- Evaluate financial products and services offered through the wealth management platform and recommend changes when necessary
- Maintain the customer relationship management database and monitor frequency of client contact
- Track all referrals, both internal and external, to the Wealth Management Group and to the Trust Department
- Regulate the Wealth Management Group and Trust expenses to ensure that they do not exceed the approved budget
- Foster open communication with other areas of the bank and facilitate Broker-Dealer, Wealth Management interaction
- Evaluate the Wealth Management Group business model and look for ways to improve long-term profitability and customer service
- Monitor industry pricing and other trends to ensure that the Wealth Management Group is maintaining a competitive market position
- Evaluate the feasibility of potential strategic acquisitions and make recommendations based on analyses
- Contribute to the creation of the Wealth Management Group's profit and loss statement and work to help the group reach its financial goals
- Obtain opportunities to improve the profitability of United Bank's Wealth Group, Broker- Dealer and Trust Departments
- Provide strategic input to the budget projections for the Wealth Management Group and Trust
- Bachelor's degreerequired
- Minimum of ten (10) years of investment, sales and portfolio management working experience required
- Minimum of five (5) years of wealth management experience required
- Leadership experience strongly preferred
- Strong track record of success that meets or exceeds goals set consistently
- Ability to foster teamwork and motivate colleagues a must
- Client-centered focus with excellent strategic thinking ability and consultative skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office Products Required
- Prior demonstrated experience in effective account relationship/management
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills
- Account Management
- Relationship building
- Capacity to work with demanding clients and diverse groups of people
- Wealth Management and investment management industry knowledge
- Presentation Skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Enthusiastic, positive energy
- Flexibility to accommodate work outside normal business hours
- Sitting/standing for extended periods of time.
- Sufficient dexterity of hands and fingers to efficiently operate a computer keyboard, mouse and other computer components.
- Ability to converse and exchange information with all levels of staff within organization.
- Ability to observe, perceive, identify, and translate data
- Ability to travel via air, rail, automobile and/or bus.
With over 175years of experience, our client is one of the region’s premier banks with locations in West Virginia, Virginia, Washington, DC, Maryland, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. A subsidiary with dual headquarters in Washington, DC and Charleston, WV, we are a full service financial institution with over $19 billion in assets.
Their people are our greatest asset. Our company is a perfect fit for hard-working, driven individuals as we provide a culture that is entrepreneurial, efficient, relationship-based and service-oriented. They are proud of their record of growth and our commitment to service - not only customers, but also to the communities in which we live and work.
They encourage our employees to become involved in the community and in professional activities, and we provide continued training and othersupport to help all employees achieve their full potential.