What We're Looking For
Writing samples are required for this position. Include a link to your samples in the application.
As a member of the Clickstop creative team, the senior copy director will work closely with copywriters, graphic designers and leaders to independently manage the copy creation and messaging strategy for our brands and clients. The senior copy director oversees a number of writers who work across multiple programs, and the senior copy manager is responsible for the quality of work as well as the professional growth of his or her team.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Manage copywriters working across multiple brands, including reviewing work, managing strategy.
- Offer positive and constructive feedback to help young and mid-level writers hone their craft and become productive team members within a growing organization.
- Write copy across media, including display and print advertising, direct mail/direct response, email marketing, print collateral, websites, etc.
- Manage new program launches and the creation of brand style guides.
- Work directly with leadership across the organization to establish cross-team processes and address challenges affecting the creative team.
- Collaborate with creative team leadership to establish efficiencies that will help grow our team.
- Actively participate in the growth and evolution of the creative team, including hiring new talent, retaining current talent, and upholding the team's mission and values.
- Seek out and manage creative projects that strengthen our brands.
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing writers
- Must have breadth of experience across marketing tactics outlined above, including writing of both display copy (advertising headlines) and long-format materials (email campaigns)
- Must be highly organized and have great attention to detail
- Must have knowledge of AP and Chicago style and experience using client style guides
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and basic understanding of Adobe Creative Suite (inDesign, Photoshop)
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Ability to think of creative, unorthodox solutions to systemic challenges
- Ability to manage a growing team and offer constructive feedback
- Ability to take on copywriting projects while managing growing a team
- Openness to feedback and ability to take direction
- Ability to drive projects without oversight
- Ability to keep up with best practices and new developments in digital marketing