JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.6 trillion and operations in more than 60 countries. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. The Legal Department of JPMorgan Chase & Co is responsible for providing legal services to the Corporation and is organized by Practice Groups that generally conform to the Corporation's lines of business (“LOBs”) and corporate staff areas. This structure facilitates the communication of legal and regulatory changes by the legal team to the businesses and the communication by the LOBs of business developments to the legal teams in a timely manner. JPMorgan Chase is seeking an attorney with at least five years’ experience to provide legal support for JPMorgan’s Asset Management business (“AM”), with particular responsibility for AM’s collective investment fund (“CIF”) platform, multi-asset solutions business (“Solutions”) and support in connection with various workout matters for the Fixed Income and High Yield teams (“GFICC”). Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide expert legal and regulatory advice in connection with the CIF platform, working closely with Product Development, Sales and Portfolio Managers on the launch of new funds and on-going support for the existing platform of more than 100 unregistered 3(c)(11) funds, with $136 billion of AUM invested in global fixed income, global equities, real estate, target-date and multi-asset strategies.
- Support for Solutions global business with over 70 investment professionals in the U.S., Europe and Asia and $200 billion of AUM in multi-asset portfolios invested in traditional, alternative and passive index strategies.
- Support for GFICC in connection with various workout matters, including advice on participation in ad hoc groups of note holders seeking restructuring, advice on exchange transaction issues and review of transactional documents, including Term Sheets, Restructuring Support Agreements, Non-Disclosure Agreements and Exchange Agreements.
- Work with Sales and Client Account Management teams on negotiation of investment management agreements, fund participation agreements and other account-opening documents with institutional clients, including defined contribution plans, defined benefit plans, endowments and foundations, sovereigns and insurance companies.
- Advice in connection with general U.S. securities laws, including the Investment Advisers Act, ERISA, CFTC regulations, the Bank Holding Company Act and applicable OCC regulations.
- Partner with Product teams, Compliance, Controls and Risk leadership to support business objectives and well-run, controlled and compliant operations.
- Partner with colleagues across the Legal Department, including teams in the Americas, Europe and Asia.
- All other duties as necessary or assigned to provide high caliber line of business legal support.
- JD from an accredited law school.
- State bar admissionrequired.
- Attorney must be licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
- Top-tier law firm experiencepreferred.
- The ideal candidate will have demonstrable asset management expertise.
- The confidence and interpersonal and networking skills necessary for effective interaction with business clients at all levels, other parts of the firm and external parties.
- Strong analytical, organizational, communication and negotiating skills.
Req #: 170081259