Responsible for providing financial, analytical and strategic support across all Corporate Development activities. Responsibilities include leading analysis across all phases of mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial partnerships, divestitures and other business initiatives. This includes but is not limited to research, acquisition project screenings, data gathering, financial modeling, acquisition pipeline management, valuation and financial analysis, due diligence support, integration and preparation of presentations to senior leadership and the Board of Directors.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Partner with and support Business Unit and Corporate team to:
- Identify and develop appropriate acquisition opportunities.
- Support the due diligence and evaluation of potential acquisitions.
- Prepare acquisition proposals including the transaction modeling underpinning the financial plan and the valuation of potential acquisitions.
- Facilitate corporate strategy development, strategic planning, portfolio strategy and business restructuring as applicable.
- Perform valuation analyses using discounted cash flow, comparable transaction and trading multiples, returns analysis and earnings per share accretion, leveraging multiple techniques and approaches.
- Support the development of business cases required in supporting transactions and investment recommendations.
- Follow a methodology with key criteria for the evaluation of opportunities which incorporates a thorough understanding of Bemis’ end-markets, competitors, suppliers, and emerging trends, as well as following a consistent process for communicating results out to all necessary parties including key stakeholders.
- Support the review of definitive agreements, working capital targets and post-closing adjustments.
- Lead and manage due diligence reviews of projects, performing business and financial due diligence while coordinating functional diligence reviews across accounting, tax, human resources, legal, IT and other relevant areas. This includes supporting the creation of detailed roadmaps with risk management plans.
- Effectively coordinate with internal and external resources to successfully complete all phases of the acquisition process from target identification through integration.
- Prepare and participate in the presentation of opportunities to company leadership.
- Support and take a role in transaction negotiations.
- Prepare reports and analyses as requested by the VP of Corporate Development which may include quarterly board presentations, executive committee meetings, officer meetings, etc.
- Research domestic and international markets and industries to proactively identify prospective acquisitions.
- Evaluate the competitive landscape by preparing competitor benchmarking analyses and evaluations.
- Lead assessment of new product categories; understand the dynamics of these markets, analyze existing players, and assess alternative market entry strategies.
- Support ad-hoc projects through data gathering, analysis, etc.
WHAT WE VALUE
- Global enterprise thinking.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with colleagues across functions and geographies.
- Detail-orientation and strong financial technical skills.
- Ability to communicate complex topics in clear, concise terms.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Creativity, resourcefulness, adaptability, persistence and a demonstrated commitment to continuous process improvement.
WHAT WE WANT FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Business Administration or related field; advanced certifications and/or MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of related experience. 3+ years of investment banking, corporate development or private equity experience preferred.
- Strong project management skills and experience leading deal teams.
- Advanced Excel and modeling capabilities; ability to analyze complex financial statements and develop, modify and present complex financial models.
- Experience with the development of senior management and Board presentation materials is preferred.
- Solid interpersonal skills and experience communicating with senior management.