Project Field Superintendent
FP&L Clean Energy Center – Operations
Zachry Group is seeking a Project Field Superintendent to perform job duties and responsibilities safely, efficiently and accurately while assisting project management in coordinating and supervising work activities for all disciplines at a large industrial construction project.
- Assists the project team by providing input to identify key success factors, timing of design and procurement deliverables, and establishing common work breakdown structures
- Provides leadership to cause the creation of organizational structure and processes required to fully execute the requirements of services and is responsible for the execution of construction services, quality, subcontractor performance, and construction cost
- Evaluates construction service execution for compliance to contract, design data, schedule, cost budgets, and quality, advising the project team of status, issues, impacts, risk, and cost influence factors on to go scope
- Monitors the implementation of safety orientations safety indoctrinations and gang box meetings and provides coaching for improvement
- Monitors crews for organizational structure sizing crew mix ratios and wage compliance. Reviews and monitors cost and man-hour budget
- Assists project management in controlling project costs and maintaining overall profitability for the project
- Examines project schedule (s) and coordinates labor, materials and equipment required for various project tasks
- Monitors all construction activities and instructs superintendents and foremen regarding desired labor methods and required equipment and material necessary to complete project tasks
- Assures all production work is within project specifications and continually monitors work progress and quality of work
- Assists project management in estimating and/or schedulingmanpower requirements necessary to perform specific tasks
- Conducts regular meetings with craft supervision coordinating future job activities to assure continued productivity
- Inspects project work activities and serves to advise superintendents and foremen of possible hazards and assists all supervision in maintaining a safe work environment
- Coordinates with engineers, client/owner, inspectors, etc. to isolate project design and/or specification problems and assists in developing solutions to these problems
- Maintains project progress and cost data to assist in analyzing work efficiency
- Regularly attends project safety meetings and serves to advise craft supervision and employees of specific work areas and conditions that require safety attention stressing compliance with Company and regulatory safety procedures
- Complete projects and other duties as assigned
- High school degree
- 3 years of relevant working experience as a Superintendent on large industrialconstruction projects
- Knowledge of MS Office, primarily Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Demonstrates leadership and ability to work well with others
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented and willingness to tackle various ongoing projects in a fast paced environment
- Excellent multitasking skills, with the ability to perform duties outside of scope of work when necessary
- Commitment to Zachry values and safety rules and regulations
- Experience in an industrial or heavy commercial construction environment , oil and gas or engineering industry
- Strong structural background on large industrialconstruction projects
- NCCER – Various Disciplines
Employee will be required to communicate in person, via telephone, email, use of arm/hand steadiness, manual dexterity, finger dexterity, multi limb coordination, oral expression, and comprehension. Position assignment will be based on construction sites and industrial facilities requiring mobility (on ground and at heights) and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) including but not limited to: hard hat, safety glasses/goggles, ear plugs/muffs, masks/respirators, safety vests, gloves and work boots. May be required to lift, carry and move objects safely.
Employee will work in multiple environments including an office, warehouse and in a trailer or building on construction sites. On construction sites noise levels will be moderate to high. Job site will contain: light to heavy equipment vehicles, small to large equipment, materials, communication equipment and tools, people standing, walking, sitting, signaling and talking, bells whistles and alarms. Weather conditions ranging from warm/hot – cool/cold and occasional rain. May be required to work in close, confined spaces or in different elevations for a long period of time. Noise levels will be moderate to high.
The above description covers the fundamental responsibilities of the General Field Superintendent position. It shall not be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day.
Zachry Group is dedicated in providing a Safe and Drug Free work environment; and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.