Sr. Java Integration Consultant - web services / Oracle / integration exp
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education..
A Senior Java Integration (Developer) Consultant is responsible for conceptualizing, planning, designing, writing and delivering custom solutions for the products of Ellucian. This includes, but is not limited to, the writing of technical specifications, coding of business rules, technical configuration tasks and creating additional product features or functionalities sought by client. Ability to quickly learn new products, product enhancements, technologies, and conduct technical consulting sessions, and system validation testing. You are recognized as a subject-matter expert and thought leader in area of technical specialization
You will be presenting technologies and concepts to a range of audiences, both technical and functional, and advanced users. Additionally, you may provide training, consulting, and implementation engagements of the solutions created. This includes the development and maintenance of technical training materials and other collateral or artifacts needed to deliver the service.
You will leverage learning and prior work experience to design and implement robust, innovative technology solutions to complex problems. You will review implemented technology solutions; document lessons learned and recommend improvements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate is a strong technical java integration developer who has extensive applied and practical experience with integration technologies using message, API, and RESTFul services based integrations. You will be actively engaged in all aspects of developing quality client localizations - from proposal and design through development and delivery.
Position located in US-Nashville as onsite Ellucian employee at an Ellucian client site and be a part of an Ellucian team.
The successful candidate is expected to:
• Work well with functional experts in designing an appropriate technical solution for a given business problem
• Be able to identify appropriate technologies for the solution given the constraints of the client or architecture
• Work with a dynamic team of developers and other peers to build and test the customization according to the prepared specifications
• Create and execute accurate test plans to ensure thorough integration testing of a customization before delivery
• Prepare accurate and detailed proposals for customizations and sales proposals
• Prepare accurate and detailed technical specifications for customizations
• Demonstrated aptitude for logical application of problem solving techniques. Ability to deconstruct complex technical issues to identify root cause issues
• Stay current with Ellucian applications
• Provide support to other areas of Consulting Practices as the need arises
• Have an aptitude to learn; learn new technologies quickly. Immediate focus for learning is the Ethos Platform (Data model, APIs, Integration technologies)
Position Requirements The ideal candidate is a Senior Java/J2EE developer with extensive application/integration design, development, testing and support experience. Skills should include:
• Overall J2EE experience of over 7 years and minimum 5 years working experience with middleware Integration technologies (Mule, Websphere, Tibco, etc )
• J2EE portal integration experience with middleware and enterprise applications.
• Experience with Oracle Database 11g/12c integration with middleware and web components.
• Proven ability in assessing client requirements, documenting requirements and design specifications based on user specifications.
• Proven ability with designing and developing complex integration interfaces with enterprise application systems.
• Proven ability with designing and developing Application Programming Interfaces (API)
• Experience with software development lifecycle (Agile) and quality standards in an enterprise setting.
• Experience in Virtual Private Database (VPD) architecture and configuration or Banner Multi-Entity Processing (MEP) Functionality
Differentiating Knowledge; experience with the following technologies a plus
• ETL, RESTFul Web Services, Tomcat, Linux, Ant, JUnit, Oracle Strong PL/SQL skills
• Version Control expertise (such as GIT and SVN)
Desired Skills/Knowledge/Experience (plus to have):
• Self-organization and time management skills
• Ability to lead design/development tasks and work across multiple projects simultaneously
• General understanding of quality of service, non functional requirements specification and infrastructure architecture
• Good appreciation for data architecture and information management best practices.
• Groovy / Grails development
• UI development using standard technologies (Bootstrap, JQuery etc)
• Experience with Liferay portal
• Ellucian Ethos Platform
• Banner ERP working knowledge