- Provide electrical support to I&E technicians within the operating areas for major breakdowns and repairs which will include troubleshooting of Low, Medium and High Voltage systems.
- Lead project teams to improve operability, maintainability, and reliability of existing assets.
- Interface with consultant engineering firms, electricalconstructioncontractors, internal engineering, drafting, maintenance, and operations personnel.
- Responsibilities could include engineering design, scope development, cost estimating, and development of equipment specifications for new assets or the modification of existing assets.
- Participate and direct the commissioning, and start-up of new and modified facilities.
- Conduct standards and code compliance evaluations of new and existing facilities. Develop projects to solve deficiencies.
- Utilize computer modeling and data analysis tools to aid in the evaluation, justification, and development of solutions to problems and/or opportunities.
- Influence decisions that improve reliability and operability, reduce operating costs, and create a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Provide technical support to all functional departments, as part of troubleshooting, code compliance, and optimization, during routine operations, start-up, and turnarounds.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the overall coordination of electrical design as required from otherengineering disciplines.
- Conduct operational reliability assessments of new and existing electricalinfrastructure and develop predictive and preliminary maintenance activities to address vulnerabilities.
- Have computer experience with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Projects, PowerPoint, and Excel Work products.
- Experience with SKM Power Tools preferred but not required.
- Possess a working knowledge of Power System Protection Coordination.
- Be able to utilize software to interface with protection relays to source data and verify/modify protection parameters.
- Possess a working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers.
- Previous experience with Variable Frequency Drive systems for low and medium voltage rotating equipment.
- Proficiency in reading, redlining and maintaining instrument and electrical drawings such as P&IDs, one-lines and schematics.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the requirements of the National Electric Code and industry best practices.
- Exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills that enable clear communication of technical electrical designs and requirements to project managers and engineers of various disciplines.
- Possess the ability to manage multiple complex projects with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Possess the ability to mentor others through technical training and guidance on planning, scheduling, and engineering subjects.
- Have the motivation and ability to drive continuous improvement of existing systems and processes.
- Possess the ability to successfully perform duties in rugged outdoor environments.
- Integrity, Values, and Trust – Instills confidence of one’s intentions and positively represents the organization by being responsible and trustworthy.
- Drives for Results – Is motivated and determined to achieve objectives while working in compliance.
- Customer/Stakeholder Focus – Makes customer and stakeholder needs a primary focus of one’s actions; develops and sustains effective relationships with customers and stakeholders.
- Communication – Exchanges thoughts and information clearly and concisely to ensure understanding of intended messages.
- Self Knowledge – Personally explores and seeks feedback from others to understand talents, motivations, values, and developmental needs; utilizes understanding to improve performance and build relationships.
A Successful Candidate Will:
- Possess a Bachelor of Science degree in ElectricalEngineering or related field from an accredited university.
- Have 5-10 years of experience as an Electrical Engineer in an industrial setting, but still acquiring higher level knowledge and capabilities.
- Have extensive knowledge of Medium and High Voltage Power Distribution Systems including substations, switchgear and motor starters.
A Successful Candidate May:
- Possess a PE license (preferred).
- Have prior experience in the Oil and Gas Industry (preferred).