Responsible for leading the test engineering team to define and implement testing strategies, plans, and procedures for Wabtec Railway Electronics (WRE), a leading supplier of technology-based products and services for the rail and transit industries. This position reports to the Director of Engineering and is part of a team responsible for delivery and support of data communications products supporting freight and transit systems. The successful candidate is comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment. They must be highly motivated and committed to delivering results.
- Supervise Wabtec’s Louisville office, which is a product testing and support facility.
- Audit and enforce safe work practices for the office.
- Coordinate test team activities to meet quality objectives and project milestones.
- Support the development of project schedules by estimating test needs and effort.
- Work closely with project teams to develop test plans that meet project goals.
- Define test cases, including functional, performance, load, etc.
- Execute test cases, analyze results, and document defects using defect tracking system.
- Responsible for maintaining the test lab, planning for hardware and software needs.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of quality control policies and procedures.
- Conduct peer reviews of test artifacts and records.
- Communicate project status to project teams and management.
- Travel, when necessary, for customer Factory Acceptance Testing and other business.
- Passionate about Quality with knowledge of relevant standards and best practices.
- Innovative problem solver that exhibits a positive, energetic attitude.
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- A strong understanding of general network design principles including TCP/IP and UDP. Experience using Wireshark is preferred.
- Effective oral and written communication skills; ability to articulate clearly and concisely.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Proficient in Microsoft™ Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio to support the development of test plans and other project documentation.
- Self-motivated with proven ability to work independently.
- Team player that works well with others.
- Works efficiently and productively with remote teams and team members.
- Ability to develop high level of credibility and strong positive relationships with customers, peers and management.
- Results-oriented with a clear focus on quality.
- High degree of attention to detail.
- Ability to travel 10% of the time.
- Valid state issued Driver’s License.
Education, Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information systems, computer science, electricalengineering, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience delivering and/or supporting production software in an enterprise-class environment.
- Minimum 3 years of experience leading test engineering teams.
- Minimum 3 years of experience using Agile/Scrum approach to software development.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in evaluation, specification, procurement, installation, and maintenance of computer and networking equipment.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience developing software.
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience using Microsoft Visual Studio Team Services.
- Knowledge of railroad system operations or communications systems is preferred but not required.