Business Specialist, Strategy
The Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland is part of the nation's central bank. We've provided many opportunities for professional growth during our history. For seventeen years in a row, we've been named One of Northeast Ohio's Best Places to Workby North Coast 99. This prestigious award honors organizations with outstanding employment practices, including compensation, benefits, training, recruitment, retention, community services, and employee communications. At our state-of-the-art offices we are seeking innovative thinkers with vision to build theframework that will carry the Bank into the future. Join our team! Business SpecialistStrategy and Performance Management Team Position SummaryAs a member of the Strategy and Performance Management Team, serves as an expert primarily responsible for supporting senior and functional management in the development and oversight of the Banks strategic planning process. Provides complex decision support to senior management in formulating short- and long-term strategic plans and objectives. Makes strategy related presentations to a variety of audiences. Essential Accountabilities
- · Coordinates and supports the Executive Leadership teamon strategic planning and development of key initiatives and success measures for the organization. Researches, analyzes and assembles market/industry practices, data and information.
- · Collaborates and consults with senior management and business lines on short- and long-term strategic plans, and provide recommendations on performance measurements, analysis, and reporting
- · Leads activities and communication plans to reinforce strategic alignment throughout the organization, which includes consulting functional areas and coordinating Bankwide communications and events.
- · Lead the development, analysis, and performance reportingfor Bank-level reports, which include progress on strategic initiatives, financial and operational performance, and major investment projects. Leverages internal data sources, competitive intelligence and industry information to identify mitigation strategies. Coordinates follow-up actions for identified trends and outliers embedded in business results.
- · Communicates and collaborates with a variety of internal and external audiences and provides key strategic and operational highlights andsupporting information for leadership. Presents recommendations in written and oral formats.
- · Develops and executes processes and project plans for recurring management performance reports, including comprehensive performance material that are shared with the Board of Directors and Board of Governors.
- · Coordinates management information reports, tools, and systems.
- · Leads and participates in Bank and FR System projects related to strategy and operations.
- · Identifies and pursues opportunities to continuously improve processes and business outcomes. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
- · Adheres to the Bank's attendance policies through regular and prompt attendance.
- · Requires following vaguely defined procedures. Decisions are made with complex reasoning. Decisions affect the department and may affect the entire Bank.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors degree
- 7+ years of related work experience
Knowledge and Skills
- Individual innovation: Requires working on projects individually rather than as part of a group, motivating self rather than taking direction from someone else.
- Logical analysis: Requires thinking through and solving problems step by step, often looking beyond the obvious solution to a problem and digging deeper for the best solution.
- Knowledge of regulations, procedures and practices of a specific discipline
- Ability to perform independent research
- Specialized, technical skills
Physical Demands and General Working ConditionsEmployees typically sit most of the day, work with a computer and may answer/respond tophone calls. Physical movement consists of walking for meetings, breaks, etc. Ability to lift items weighing approximately 20 pounds on a limited basis