Our client is a leader in providing testing, inspection, training, and servicing in the areas of cranes, gage labs, and NDT (Nondestructive testing). We are exclusively partnering with them on a brand new Operations Manager role to oversee their business. This person will have P&L responsibility for their departments. This role offers a chance to transform the company’s operations by increasing efficiency, driving process improvements, automation, and strategic initiatives. This role offers a strong base salary, bonus, advancement opportunities, and relocation.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Operations, Engineering, Business, or a related field is required.
- Any graduate level degree or relevant certifications is preferred.
- At least 5 or more years of experience in leading operations.
- Previous experience with P&L responsibilities is required.
- Prior leadership experience in small to medium sized businesses (revenue under $40M) is preferred.
- Any experience in equipment and/or crane inspection, gage labs, NDT (non-destructive testing), or related areas is preferred, but not required.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel up to 40% as needed.
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for the P&L of their crane inspection, gage lab, and NDT departments.
- Determine current & future staffing needs.
- Prepare and analyze budgets & forecasts on a monthly and yearly basis.
- Direct management responsibilities of 4-6 Supervisors and Department Managers. Indirect supervision of 30-40 employees within the division. The Operations Manager will report to the COO.
- Interface with employees, internal department managers, corporate leaders, external customers, and others as needed,
- Leadership and monitoring of a company culture that embraces safety, efficiency, and quality.
- Interaction with the sales team, current customers, and prospective customers to identify opportunities for increased sales.
- Identify equipment needs on upcoming projects including the selection of vendors.
- Increase the efficiency within the facility in regards to data collection and reporting.
- Must be able to travel up to 40% on an annual basis to company and customer sites throughout the United States.
Job ID: 234175