Senior Pricing Analyst
The Senior Pricing Analyst will lead discussions of pricing and process improvement strategies by providing reporting and analytical leadership to the Commercial HealthcareSales Leadership team, IDN Directors and Product Management leaders, and Senior Business Unit Leadership teams. This person will guide both strategic & tactical pricing decisions, utilizing both internal and external data sources for analysis. This individual will be expected to routinely provide detailed insight and business recommendations based on data, analytics, and business experience with our systems. This individual will be expected to provide accurate reporting tools and spreadsheet models to support sales objectives. They also will Identify opportunities for improvement with sales operations processes, prioritize multiple projects, and service team needs as they arise and find ways to accomplish goals in a dynamic organization.
- Understand Group Purchasing Organization and Integrated Delivery Network pricing structures.
- Lead strategic business analysis for strategic IDN customers ensuring alignment with GPO pricing & business strategy.
- Understand the structure and functionality of internal price tables.
- Understand the common market pricing models, strategies, and modes of delivery for each surgical device and surgical instrument service type.
- Be familiar with key competitors pricing strategies.
- Analyze service profitability and identify margin-improvement opportunities.
- Monitor Fixed Fee Annual Price Program and improve financial performance and risk mitigation.
- Understand the impact of pricing on profit margins and in cooperation with the Finance Department calculate impact of pricing and program actions on financial statements.
- Develop and define pricing structures.
- Develop and execute pricing strategy and tactical execution.
- Establish price rules and guidelines.
- Set pricing for new service offerings and first to market technologies.
- Train the sales team on pricing formats, policies, and strategies.
- Define, monitor, and enforce the price decision escalation process.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on special pricing requests.
- Develop, monitor, and, analyze customer incentives, rebates, discounts, and promotions and ensure they are within set guidelines.
- Work with Product Managers and Marketing personnel to develop strategic price marketing strategies. Monitor and analyze such strategies and report performance to Senior Management.
- Lead discussions with Sales and Key Account Leadership to suggest areas for improvements in pricing and profitability.
- Understand contract negotiations and bids as well as proposal development.
- Assist with large contract negotiations and bids as needed.
- Understand federal pricing regulations.
- Establish repair estimate guidelines and work with Operations personnel to train estimators.
- Monitor and improve estimation and quoting process and ensure compliance to guidelines.
- Assist with support to field sales organization as it relates to reports, tactical pricing, strategic pricing, and sales operations processes.
- Assist other STERIS companies with price structures and strategies as needed.
- Routinely report progress and pricing market conditions to Senior Management as well as North America Leadership teams.
- High School Diploma or GED
- High School diploma/GED required, Bachelor's Degree highly preferred.
- 8-10 Years of experience working in a pricing and or contracts position.
- Strong quantitative skills, with advanced proficiency in Excel required\
- Extensive experience with Oracle, Sales Connection as well as other ERP / CRM systems.
- Strong technical skills including an understanding of relational databases
- Ability to plan and implement a structured business process, e.g. periodic review of pricing agreements and coordination of tactical decisions amongst team of key stakeholders
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment