The Software Engineer at Intermountain Healthcare works effectively across the entire software development life cycle. This includes requirements definition, prototyping, detailed design, coding, testing, deployment, and support of the day-to-day operation of production systems.
The Software Engineer is expected to collaborate with technical staff, management, and business operations staff throughout all phases of the software development life cycle in order to deliver working solutions to complex business problems according to agreed upon timelines and budgets to support the mission, vision, and values of Intermountain Healthcare.
The staff role is a journey-level professional in most aspects of software programming and development. Abilities encompass a broad knowledge within the software development domain.
Typically implements designs developed by others, adhering to enterprise standards and best practices. Is able to function independently and produce results that meet standards of quality, timeliness and acceptability with minimal supervision and general direction.
Works as a team player, providing ideas and support to peers and the development team leadership. Additionally, the Software Engineer will be responsible for the following duties:
- Codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs, and enhances existing programs to ensure that production systems continue to meet user needs.
- Coordinates interface with user management regarding project status, direction and user needs to promote an environment of user cooperation and satisfaction.
- Coordinates with the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Identifies and resolves system operating problems in order to provide business continuity.
- Contributes to the development of high level system architecture documents and detailed design specifications to serve as a guide for system/application development.
- Provides estimates for work required to be completed based on user requirements.
- Maintains basic understanding of industry application development best practices, tools, programming languages and techniques. Keeps current with new developments in the information technology industry and may contribute to the development and implementation of organizational and departmental standards and methodologies.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Is aware of a variety of software engineering concepts, practices, and procedures.
Two years of professional software development experience on Cerner EMR platform. Understanding of Web Services and related technologies (SOAP/JSON/REST). Understanding of Web Service Security protocols (SAML/oAuth).
Job ID: 207252