Professional Learning Consultant ( PM )
Describes the main purpose and significance of the role i.e. why it exists. This section differentiates the role from the Manager’s job, from the jobs that report to it and from other jobs reporting to the manager in the same grade/level.
The Professional Learning Specialist promotes the academic integrity of Math Solutions' work in districts and schools across the country. The Professional Learning Specialist provides and supports customers by providing the highest quality professional learning; addresses customer needs; represents Math Solutions with clients and other consultants; supports consultants; promotes products and resources; and remains current on educational issues.
This section formally defines the major end results of the job and should include only major responsibilities. It is not necessary to list every single responsibility of the job. Indicate in the right-hand column the average amount of time an employee may spend on the responsibility.
- Collaborate with Directors of Professional Learning and clients to prepare for delivery of high quality professional learning
- Utilize established communication protocol with DPL and other appropriate team members
- Prepare using clearly defined processes, procedures, and protocols for successful implementation
2Delivery of Services
- Prepare to deliver services addressing client’s needs and adhering to the agreed upon services, approaches and content
- Support full scope of a project including implementation planning and delivery, appropriate communication, and project execution
- Recommend new development or materials needs to the Content Development Team
- Review evaluations from courses and recommend improvements to the DPL and Content Development team as appropriate
- Facilitate at least 110 service days (PDUs) a year
- Promote Math Solutions resources and professional learning options at sites and report leads to Sales team and Directors of Professional Learning.
- Support sales team to capture new and renewal business
- Support other consultants with preparation for and delivery of services
responding to questions, leading, mentoring, and trouble-shooting when
- Take leadership role during consultant events to plan, create, and implement learning experiences.
- Participate in associations and conferences to promote and publicize professional learning offerings and to gain knowledge that informs decisions about professional development services
- Complete and submit administrative work in a timely fashion, including expense reports, documentation, and updates as needed.
- Follow and help identify appropriate procedures as needed
Please indicate whom this position interacts and the purpose/nature of contact.
Internal: Sales, Services Leaders (Technical, ICLE and Program, Operations), Marketing, Content Development
External: District partners
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Indicates the minimum required education level, previous experience, specific knowledge, skills and abilities as well as preferred experiences / skills for this position.
Education Level and or relevant experience
- Minimum 4 year college degree
- A minimum of 5 years prior teaching experience
- A minimum of 3 years experience mentoring and/or coaching teachers and leaders
- Basic understanding of school district technology environments and product deployment for program focused projects
- Expertise with PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Have a command of the English language verbally and in writing.
- Be a life-long learner and strive to increase knowledge and skills.
• Prior Math Solutions professional learning experience preferred
- Advanced degree
Knowledge and skills
(general and technical)
- Demonstrate excellent instructional practices in courses, in coaching, and in working with leaders
- Model excellent leadership and teambuilding skills
- Demonstrate a professional cross-organizational, team-oriented attitude
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills
- Adhere to company ethical aspirations and credo
- Practice flexible innovative approaches to problem solving in challenging situations
- Demonstrate high-level communication skills that facilitate coherence across all partner organizations
- Convey deep understanding of pedagogy and the current standards instructional shifts
- Build internal and external relationships that foster credibility and trust
- Exhibit a willingness to learn and develop a command of all cross-organizational offerings, including professional learning opportunities, related services, and associated up-selling opportunities
- • Create and deliver high-level specialized presentations
(licenses, certifications, specialized training, physical or mental abilities required)
- Extensive travel with overnight stays required
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds in order to carry product and presentation materials
- Acceptable driving record
Job Requisition ID: 7421