The incumbent reports to the Mill Manager and works under their own initiative to manage the mill’s Site Services areas noted above. The incumbent with wide knowledge of the plant departments and inter-workings routinely covers the mill manager as an authorizing delegate during their physical absence from the site. Proactively initiates and leads Warehousing and Raw Material areas of the plant. Maintains a high standard of professional performance, stimulates creativity in others, and develops less experienced personnel in corporate procedures and controls. The incumbent liaisons with the plants 3PL services provider to ensure conformance to production needs and stability of services.
A bachelor’s degree with course work indicating quantitative and analytical ability. Competence in the areas of general business practices as well as an in-depth understanding of manufacturing operations is required. The incumbent must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to direct, motivate and develop deputies as well as maintain a strong working relationship within the mill team. Education requirements can be met by an undergraduate degree with background in professional business subjects. Twelve or more years of experience among mill or staff assignments are required. Demonstrated capability of superior performance in a team environment is essential.
• Personnel: 8
• Raw material purchases: $80 million
• IP Material Inventory Value: $13 million
• Raw Material Inventory: $4 million
• Finished Goods Inventory Value: $1 million
• 3rd Party Services Contract Coordination: 200 personnel and $7 million annual spend
• Asset Planning: 4 Base Machines, 5 Converting Lines
• Mill Complexity: High
• Daily review and authorization of all mill inventory adjustments for all inventoried Plant 2043 materials
• Weekly review of manual consumption adjustments to resin inventories (SAP versus MIKON)
• Monthly Inventory Control review (IM767) of all plant inventory and scrap adjustments for final accuracy review
• Monthly Reclaim plant inventory reconciliation management – review of physical inventory against waste shipments, overall plant production yields, BOM to adjust plant consumption to ensure accurate balances for Month end financial reporting
• Quarterly and annual review of all inventory adjustments (all material classes) to ensure BOM adjustments are made when necessary and ensure CFI compliance for physical inventory of all plant materials. Ensure adjustments exceeding standard are thoroughly researched for root cause and reported to management if exceeding threshold.
• Periodic review of materials for slow moving and obsolescence identification and resolution to staff if recommending write-off
• Daily oversite to OAA’s of MIKON/SAP/EWM reconciliation for inventory accuracy
Plant Resin Continuity and Key RM Management
• Ensure monthly Purchase Orders are placed by MRP controller and balanced to provide adequate supply for anticipated production, minimizing risk, balanced with minimizing demurrage fees.
• Work with plant operations and planning throughout the month to ensure consumption matches supply constraints. Direct operational switches to minimize outages.
• During resin supply crises, due to vendor or weather related outages, prioritize consumption to minimize production impact
• Daily review of supply pipeline and local rail yard deliveries to proactively address supply short falls
• Manage local rail yard receipts for aging cars to ensure vendor payment on aged cars while managing inventory control risk of offsite stock.
• Monitor usage of all specialty materials including resin additives (Polyvel for making MB, Vistamax for RCP, Film) to ensure a balance of supply against inventory carrying costs
FDA and External Auditor Readiness
• Ensure ongoing FDA readiness for plant Logistics areas that are key sources of potential audit findings for Control of Non-Conforming Product and Raw Material Receiving and Incoming Inspection
o Annual Financial Audit SME and Semi Finished good inventory
o Supplier Quality Audits for 3rd party
o MDSAP Audit – SME for all things related to inventory control
• Plant Cost Analysis for monthly mill spending – ongoing need to furnish Accounting with feedback on key misses (accruals in payroll, benefits, incentive pay, warehouse insurance, etc.)
• Assistance to corporate Finance team for cost model development
• Monthly standard variance analysis
Planning & Scheduling Support
• Work with planners and MRP controller to ensure ready supply of all core and finishing supplies within the plant (monitor and ensure effectiveness of process with in-house core vendor)
• Ensure JIT inventory process is maintained for plant warehouse to provide Converting lines with precise materials (Shuttle process integrity of stock from Woodside to plant)
• General assistance to planners in weekly customer interfaces with operations and external customers as needed. Provide plant maintenance priorities weekly.
• Provide coaching and development to deputies daily, weekly team meeting, monthly 1:1’s