I believe that better care begins at home.
Compassionate care, uncompromising service and clinical excellence – that’s what our patients have come to expect from our clinicians. Kindred at Home, a division of Kindred Healthcare Inc., is the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services.
Kindred at Home, and its affiliates, delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients and clients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing and rehabilitation and hospice and palliative care. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
I believe my work is my calling.
As a Home Health Quality RN Manager, you will:
- Review all Medicare and other episodic payers’ clinical records at the local level to assure appropriate documentation for reimbursement. This review includes verification of appropriate documentation, quality of care provided, visits utilization, appropriate contacts with physicians, adherence to the care plan, and evidence of communication between disciplines
- Oversee the maintenance of clinical records and files to comply with Conditions of Participation (COPs), using measurements, as licensure, certification, and accreditation results
- Audit charts for clinical oversight and compliance and adherence to the Medicare guidelines. Identifies clinical problem areas and documents deficiency trends in a proactive approach. Educates administrative and clinical associate staff in the correction of these deficiencies
- Assist with quality improvement and Medicare compliance training program. Utilizes Kindred Health Services approved reference materials to resolve inadequacies
- Communicate with the Area Education Specialist regarding identified trends of deficiencies with Medicare Conditions of Participation, clinical care, coordination of care, and documentation for the purposes of requiring more extensive education or action of clinical staff
- In accordance with the Branch Director, monitor the receipt of Medicare denials, Billing Compliance held claims, and other payer denial notices. Assess the validity of these denials, and responds with additional information. Inform the Branch Director and Branch staff of noticeable trends or relevant issues
- In accordance with the Branch Director, prepare and file general appeals on a timely basis. Attend fair hearings as necessary. Collaborate with the Clinical Leadership and clinical associate staff in resolving complex clinical issues
- Participate in the initial orientation of the clinical associate staff regarding Medicare Conditions of Participation and relevant requirements for care and documentation and provides education during the orientation in the timeliness of paperwork and flow of OASIS
- Collaborate with branch Clinical Leadership to analyze Performance Improvement trends in the delivery of care. Keep up with the performance indicators and monitors the Performance Improvement plan for the branch. Essential in driving performance measures in the branch
- Facilitate initiating and gathering the competed CRR tools on a monthly basis and communicates to the Area Education or Area Clinical Specialist when task is completed
- Serve as the Chairperson of the Quality Assurance Committee. Conducts the committee’s quarterly meetings utilizing the Performance Improvement Recommended Timeline as a guide and coordinates and compiles the data for the meetings
- Review OASIS documents for accuracy and completeness prior to locking and submitting data electronically. Explain and mentor clinicians and staff on COP’s and on billable skilled visits
- Educate and mentor clinicians one on one (in person or over the phone) regarding concerns, questions, accuracy of OASIS data, and other related documents, that are being reviewed
- Facilitate the ICD-9/10 coding of the Plan of Treatment based on OASIS data and patient assessment documentation that is assessed at the bedside
- Collaborate with branch leadership to ensure effective and efficient episodic management, utilizing Kindred Healthcare reports such as Projected vs Actual, PPS Unbilled and Post Billing Adjustment, to identify trends. Collaborate with the Manager Clinical Practice and other clinical and/or branch leadership on clinical staff performance. Provide input to the clinical staff performance evaluation period
- Adhere to and participate in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices and Medicare Billing Requirements program/practices. Review and adhere to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or the equivalent plus
- N. Licensure in the state(s) of practice
- Three to five years nursing experience, including two years of home healthcare experience within the past five years
- Prior ICD-9/10 coding experience is highly desirable
Keywords: Admissions Nurse, Admission Nurse, case management, case manager, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, Nurse Care Manager, Nurse Job, Nurse Jobs, registered nurse, RN Job, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Job, Registered Nurse Jobs, Nursing, Oasis, Registered Nurse Case Manager, RN, R.N., RN Case Manager, quality improvement, visit nurse, home care manager, homecare manager, home health manager, home care supervisor, homecare supervisor, home health supervisor, home care director, homecare director, home health director, clinical director, clinical manager, clinical supervisor, RN clinical director, RN clinical manager, RN clinical supervisor, nurse clinical manager, nurse clinical director, nurse clinical supervisor, clinical administrator, nurse administrator, RN administrator, patient care manager, patient care director, patient care supervisor, director of nursing, manager of nursing, supervisor of nursing, DON, DOCS, director of clinical services, field case manager, RN manager, RN supervisor, RN director, registered nurse director, registered nurse manager, registered nurse supervisor, nurse management, home health management, homecare management, home care management, hospice manager, hospice director, hospice supervisor, hospice nursing, hospice management, hospice RN manager, hospice RN director, hospice RN supervisor, QA RN, QA nurse, Q.A. nurse, quality assurance RN, quality assurance nurse, quality assurance registered nurse, OASIS C, OASIS-C, HCS-D, HCSD, HCS D, homecare coding, homecare coding specialist diagnosis, home care coding specialist diagnosis, COSC, COS-C, COS C, certificate for OASIS specialist clinical, ICD9, ICD10, ICD 9, ICD 10, audit, auditing, medical coding, home health management job, home health management jobs, homecare management job, homecare management jobs, home care management job, home care management jobs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Location Roanoke, Virginia, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Tracking Code 43043