As per Senior Engineer job description including:
· Practical experiencewith fastener selection, fastener design, joint analysis, fastener/joint testing incorporating both design and manufacturing requirements.
· Assist designers and engineers in joint design development and selection of fasteners and finishes
· Approve design and release of fastener drawings and finishes in areas of responsibility
· Develop fastener design standards and manufacturing installation specifications.
· Manage fastener usage based upon corporate design practices and finish strategy
· Coordinate fastener testing
· Review and approve assembly torque specifications
· Ability to create 3D CAD models and 2D design engineering prints of fasteners. Preferably in SolidWorks
· Support resolution of assembly, launch and field issues related to fastener and joint design, including travel to supplier sites as necessary
· Knowledge of automotive fasteners, joint design and power tool technology
Experiencewith automotive systems, components and assembly methods preferred