Senior Decision Support Analyst (Risk Revenue / SAS Programming)
The Senior Decision Support Analyst is responsible for advising Manager and Director on analytics from financial outcomes related to Risk Adjustment activities.
Works closely with customers and design teams in prioritizing data and information requirements. Performs Financial and Business related research and analysis such as reports and trends; develops and maintains complex spreadsheets. Responsible for leading, conducting and documenting financial analysis projects. Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions. Recommends innovative approaches to analytical investigations. Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure delivery of knowledge and information.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and foster internal relationships across the corporation. Provide analytic and consultative support to a broad spectrum of internal customer areas and external business partners.
- Mentor colleagues with less experience on both the technical and business aspects of project and consultative work.
- Determines how decision support systems will provide information required to make effective business decisions, translates requirements into applications that employ appropriate decision support and reporting tools. Uses broad experience and technical knowledge to propose solutions to complex business problems. Takes the lead in driving the implementation of the recommended solutions.
- Takes the lead in defining issues and ideas to be studied as well as the approach (methodological and technical) to be used in addressing studies and projects. Creates and/or develops new methods of analysis, database design and performance measurement or, in some cases, adaptation of existing solutions to new areas.
- Performs modeling of data sources and flows, works with data management staff to define an operational framework that will define, develop and implement policies and security frameworks to ensure precise and secure deliver of knowledge and information.
- Provides assistance and, depending on skill and experience, leads with interpretation of raw data, statistical results or otherwise compiled information, identify follow-up action items and prepare or assist in the preparation of written reports and/or oral presentation of findings to internal and external audiences, customer managers, clinical staff, compliance agencies, group accounts, providers, agent plans, and brokers.
- Develops and maintains moderate- to extremely-complex computer programs using 4GL programming languages (such as SAS, R, SQL) and otherdatabasetechnology (DB2, Teradata, and Oracle).
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- A four-yearbachelor's in or related to Computer/Information Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Economics, ,IndustrialEngineering or Operations Research or related field.
- 5+ years of relevant, progressive experience in the area of specialization.
- Experience using SAS and Tableau
- Experience working with healthcare data
- Experience writing moderately to highly complex SQL queries
- Working knowledge of accounting and/or finance
- Proficient using large and complex databases.
- Strong communication skills. Must be comfortable presenting findings and offering recommendations to senior management