At BroadSoft’s Hospitality Solutions group, we are adding a Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to our growing cloud software engineering team. This candidate will use in house developed and open source automation tools to build automated test cases and execute both manual and automated tests.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with software engineers, other QA engineers and product manager to enhance and convert business requirements into test cases, automated test scripts, and test environments.
- Work with software architects to test software quality and software alignment to architectural requirements, scalability, performance, usability, and security objectives.
- Automate new feature testing and existing manual test cases by using multiple in house developed and open source automation tools.
- Maintain code for the in house automation platform to improve testing capabilities and integrate the tool into multiple external test tools.
- Work with engineering team to construct and document software releases.
- Manage personal quality engineering commitments. Develop precise estimates of all quality engineering and testing efforts to support team goals and commitments.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of software engineering team’s software development methodologies, processes, tools, deliverables, quality, and productivity.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in CS/CE/EE or equivalent.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge experience in C# .NET programming
- Strong knowledge and experience on developing automated test cases in Selenium and Selenium WebDriver
- Some knowledge and experience in C/C++, Java programming languages.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server or other relational databases, as well as no-SQL databases such as Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Ability to develop SQL and T-SQL scripts.
- Experience in using network test tools such as Wireshark, Fiddler and SoapUI.
- Ability to work in different flavors of Windows and Unix/Linux environments.
- Skills and knowledge of IDEs and tools, especially Microsoft Visual Studio, Eclipse, Mantis, SVN (Subversion), Ant and JIRA.
- Good understanding of cloud computing infrastructures, highly available and scalable systems for both fixed and mobile applications.
- Excellent understanding of communication and serialization protocols, such as TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, TLS, HTTP, SOAP, XML, JSON.
- Working knowledge of SIP, CCXML, VXML and other VoIP technologies.
- Experience with Progress Open Edge database is a positive.
- Skills and knowledge in applying QA principles within full lifecycle software development methodologies, tools, supporting deliverables and best practices including business analysis and use case development, development, configuration management/build, test, and release to production.
- Ability to work in Agile and waterfall models.
- Ability to operate within a small team and help build a positive results-oriented and sustainable culture with disciplined processes and productive outcomes.
- Ability to independently construct test cases from requirements or construct test cases based upon limited requirements including the construction of test data.
- Ability to document testing and release information.
- Minimum 3 years hands on experience in design and development of automated tests.
- Minimum 5 years hands on experience in technical quality assurance and engineering.