School Specialty is the industry's largest provider of educational products, services and programs including Classroom Supplies, Arts products, Special Needs Resources, Math, Science, Reading, Physical Education, planning, etc. From basic school supplies to curriculum-based solutions we offer an unmatched selection of quality, value-driven education products, services and programs.
Supporting educators isn't just our specialty, it's our passion. We strive to be the preferred resource for educators, by working hand-in-hand with them to develop real-world learning solutions. Our focus is on helping educators help students succeed by making learning easier – and more fun – for students of all ages and abilities.
We are currently looking for an Territory Sales Manager in the Hartford CT area. Territory includes the northern four counties in Connectuct. Incumbent is accountable to meet or exceed team forecast while fostering collaboration within their geographic area of responsibility. Achieve balanced growth across all categories (supplies and furniture) while strengthening the value of the SSI brands. As the primary customer facing sales person, responsible for building deep partnerships across district departments and uncovering new opportunities for team members (CSM, SME’s, inside sales, etc.). Drive revenue by increasing SSI market share and penetration within coverage area. Provide consultative and collaborative approach to understand customer environment and competitive forces to consistently execute on the strategy and exceed customer expectations while gaining market penetration.
Summary of essential job functions
- Conducts face-to-face, needs-based consultative selling to aid customer in achieving business goals through the use of School Specialty products, services and/or solutions in order to grow revenue within assigned geographic territory with a focus on target accounts.
- Manages territory as a business with analysis of opportunities, customer needs and finances by meeting or exceeding annual forecast (Cognos / TM1)
- Drives and creates a positive, collaborative team selling environment by developing a deep customer understanding of needs and leveraging Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to maximize revenue opportunities.
- Aligns territory team to corporate goals (quarterbacking)
- Drives results through a comprehensive understanding and knowledge base of competitor strengths, weaknesses and opportunities that allows for balanced growth across all categories.
- Develops multi-level relationships with accounts in order to promote, market, and sell School Specialty brands to existing and potential customers within assigned territory
- Effectively use of SalesForce.com to manage time and resources in order to provide updated information, competitive intelligence, and market trends with our customers.
- Owns the end-to-end customer relationship experience, from providing customer solutions, problem solving, to follow-up.
- Makes customer satisfaction a priority through an understanding of the fulfillment process and programs.
- Uncover new leads by leveraging an understanding of market conditions and trends.
- Proactively identifies and selects a mix of alternatives that result in balanced growth across all categories.
- Drive continued growth by moving customers to our online order-entry platform
- Sells our full-line of educational products and services
- Communicates frequently and effectively with Regional Sales Manager on territory, account and related plans and information
- Continuously improves capabilities by upgrading skills and product knowledge
- Experience in penetrating and selling to long term competitively held accounts.
- 3 -5years successful outside salesexperiencerequired
- 4-year college degree (Business, Marketing or Educationpreferred) or equivalent work experience
- Acceptable driving record, valid driver’s license and insurance in a Runzheimer compliant automobile
Functional Skills Required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Time and territory management skills
- Sales process skills (Questioning and probing skills, handling of objections, etc.)
- Financial acumen
- Builds networks including social media
Candidates must be able to travel up to 75% of the time and may include some overnight and weekend travel.