Nurse Case Manager - Community Care Plan
- Accountable for developing, facilitating services, and partnering with community resources to address the needs of an assigned population. Uses nursing judgment to provide case management services to assigned population.
- Coordinates and develops educational opportunities related to assigned population for a variety of stakeholders (i.e. the healthcare system, school system, community, employers, health departments patients and their families). Provides leadership in population based health improvement. Maintains clinical knowledge and skills.
- Keeps abreast of current/new clinical issues. Promotes and participates in quality improvement (QI) activities and clinical research.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing is required.
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of North Carolina
- BLS Required
- 3 - 4 years clinical experience with at least 2 years experience providing direct patient care to acute and chronically ill patients in out-patient and in-patients settings. Evidence of progressive leadership experience is essential.
- The following is a substitution for the BSN degree requirement. AssociateDegree prepared nurses who are willing to contract to enroll in school within two years of employment and complete BSN requirements within 5 years of employment meet the education requirements for this position.
- 1 full time vacancy, days.
It is the goal of Vidant Health and its entities to employ the most qualified individual who best matches the requirements for the vacant position.
Offers of employment are subject to successful completion of all pre-employment screenings, which may include an occupational health screening, criminal record check, education, reference, and licensure verification.
We value diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Decisions of employment are made based on business needs, job requirements and applicant’s qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information and testing, family and medical leave, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression or any other status protected by law. We prohibit retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint.