Do you strive to be a top performer in a fresh, and exciting market? Are you interested in a dynamic, constantly varied work environment with the potential to benefit the lives of colleagues and clientele on a daily basis? If flavorful food and freshness are your passion, then selling and promoting our North Shore Living Herbs & Greens, could be a perfect fit for you.
We produce a range of fresh live produce products in one of the fastest growing segments of retail grocery. Recent consumer and category trends are providing the ideal environment for our business to explode in growth. We are seeking an accomplished Sales Manager who will take us to the next level.
The Sales Manager will be the primary driver of sales and business development, and a key member of the management team. You will lead tactical plans and execute new sales processes to meet or exceed the company’s strategic goals. Our collaborative culture here at North Shore would give you the opportunity to contribute daily successes and decisions that form the future path of the company. If you have the grit and ingredients to take our team to the next level of greatness and leadership; and if coaching and setting the example is your area of strength, then North Shore could be the place for you.
Your first year’s accomplishments will include:
· Increase Revenue by 10%
· Improve customer satisfaction
· Improve accuracy of forecasting
· Implement a new sales process
· Create and execute strategic and tactical plans
· Improve management and merchandising efforts
· Mentor, train and increase the capability of our sales team
· Leverage our CRM System
Our candidate must be:
· A Top Performer - experienced applicants who can prove past successes
· Ambitious – no excuse mentality with a burning desire to succeed
· Independent – self-driven and self-motivated
· Passionate – someone who truly cares about the customer, product and team
· Wise - asserts solid strategies and tactics and convinces others with reason, making astute assessments and developing good solutions and systems.
· Trustworthy – follows thru with what they say they will do
· 10+ years of experience selling fresh produce to national retail chains and food service suppliers
· 8+ years of sales management experience with substantial year-over-year revenue growth
· Experience with setting and managing to a specific sales quota and revenue expectation
· Experience with customer service and customer care
· Experience with product field installation teams
· Demonstrated strategic thinking with an entrepreneurial spirit
· Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
· Strong planning and analytical skills to perform quantitative data analysis
· A change agent with highly evolved influencing skills
· Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and passion for managing projects to conclusion on time
· Excellent organization, communication and presentation skills
· Computer skills - proficient in Microsoft Office, especially spreadsheets, database and forecasting tools. Proficient in the use of CRM software
· Flexible schedulerequired, due to National Accounts in various time zones
· A minimum of 30% travel may be required at specific times of the sales cycle/year
· Bachelor’s degree in Business or related area required
We are located in the Coachella Valley in Southern California, East of LA, where renewable solar and geothermal resources are plenty to support our hydroponic specialty vegetable greenhouse operation. The area is growing in popularity and has wonderful hiking, golfing, schools, restaurants and shopping. Travel to customer and vendor (out of state and country) will be required. Approximately 20-30- % travel per year.
What is in it for you? The opportunity for growth, competitive salary, and an outstanding benefit package. If a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and strong sense of urgency describes your personality, this is an awesome opportunity for personal and professional growth. We would really appreciate meeting you and considering you for this position.
North Shore is a family owned and operated company founded in 1987. Three generations of greenhouse growing experience combined with attention to detail in our Greenhouses and to the retail shelf, have earned us a reputation as the innovation leader in our category. We look forward to your inquiry.