Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and supportof leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust ouremployees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next fiveyears, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Senior Financial analyst providing primary financial support for one or more Business Areas. Manages financial aspects of proposals, programs, production, and end of life / inventory disposition. Alignedwith Business Area Directors as business partners. Proposal analysis, pro formas, pricing, discounts, product cost accounting, gross margin analysis. Revenue recognition. Engage with programs todrive better decision making, charge change orders back to customers, and overall programprofitability. Provides analytical and decision support to program managers. Drive inventory improvement and partner with Ops on dispositions by product line.
- Support financial analysis of bids and proposals. Bid & Proposal number generation.
- Budgets/forecasts for Business Area(s). Variance analysis.
- Drive internal reviews. Spending reductions / targets / prioritization.
- Prepare business case for Business Area investments.
- Business Area Inventory Analysis and disposition plans.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and analysis for management.
- Monitor and challenge Business Area financial performance.
- Collect and enter financial and other performance data (KPI’s).
- Support Business Area and Site decision-making.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance from a four-year college or university and 6 years related experience is required.
- Master’s degree in accounting, finance, or business preferred.
- Government accounting experience – especially CAS compliance and FARs/DFARS is stronglypreferred.
- Prior experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Sound technical skills and an ability to work both at a detailed level and higher review level.
- Strong presentation and mentoring skills.
- MS Office skills including PowerPoint and advanced Excel.
- Strong commercial bias. Naturally inquisitive with experience in value based management.
- Experienced in building constructive, value-adding relationships with program management teams and business area leaders.
- Experience in a deadline driven environment where quality must be maintained.
- Manufacturing experience advantageous.
- Project/program experience core.
- Confidence and communications skills to work effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Executive presence to operate and influence at a senior level.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants andemployees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants
Cobham positions require use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applicants must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. Person as U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. “Green Card Holder”) Political Asylee, or Refugee.