Senior Internal Auditor
Careers with our Clients through DHG Search
We are working with a global industry leader seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to join the corporate Audit team. He or she will perform local audits (very limited day travel) for 2 plant locations, managing the review of various business and operational processes.
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for significant parts of the overall audit, including overseeing the planning phases, performing the audit and managing closing meetings.
He or she will report to an off-site Audit Manager and must be able to succeed working independently. He or she will develop and perform risk assessments, take part in knowledge share sessions and support the growth of less experienced audit staff members. On occasion special projects may be assigned (i.e. fraud investigations).
Our client is the world leader within their industry, continuing to grow, expanding their footprint and adding new opportunities for growth and promotion across the nation and throughout the world.
This internal audit opportunity offers an excellent path for long-term career development, growth within audit or transitioning to other functions of the organization.
- Perform financial and operational audits, ensuring that all audit objectives are met and quality standards are maintained, assessing potential risks and their implications to company operations
– Plan the audit and develop programs that address various areas of concern and risk factors
– Identify, assess and document key internal controls, businesses processes and procedures
– Perform data analyses as required, testing the design of internal controls and evaluating their effectiveness, developing and implementing improvements where possible
- Identify and recommend internal controls improvements and opportunities to add value
- Perform testing, discuss and clear results and recommendations with process owners and department managers, developing reports and participating in findings discussions with business unit leaders
- Develop new or improved audit procedures and take different paths in working through audits to continue to improve upon standard business practices
- Take the lead on certain audit projects and oversee/mentor and help develop less experienced audit staff members
- Successfully perform complex audits with limited supervision
Limited day travel (travel between two facilities located 1.5 hr. apart)
- Big 4 public accounting or large, publicly-traded auditexperience
- SAP systems experience
- Solid audit background, analytical mindset and excellent critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated self-starter who is successful working independently and with limited direction/oversight
- Bachelor's or Master’s in Accounting/Audit, Economics, Engineering or Business Administration
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of relevant, large company auditexperience (Big 4 public accounting ideal)
- CPA / CIA / CISA certification is highly preferred
Relocation assistance will be provided.