This position is for the Fluid Catalytic Cracking Unit (FCCU). Ensures compliance with all safety (personnel and process) and environmental policies and procedures. Responsible for managing the asset in all aspects so that the asset is reliable and consistently meets planned rates and product specifications.
- Oversees unit operations, unit maintenance, and achievement of process safety objectives to manage the asset to be able to operate in a safe, stable and reliable manner.
- Plans routine and long term, including turnaround, maintenance requirements, providing direction to Operations Supervisors regarding equipment preparation and scheduling.
- Monitors unit asset condition and requiredinspectiondates to achieve 100% compliance regarding both fixed and rotating equipment reliability goals and objectives.
- Cooperates with all refinery departments, including other Asset Superintendents, Maintenance, Engineering, and Operations Services, to meet operating plans and objectives.
- Participates in the preparation of expense and capital budgets, monitors expenditures and provides input and reasoning for monthly budget deviations.
- Coordinates setting objectives in turnaround and shutdown planning; generates work lists, blind lists, etc.
- Responsible for and participates in managing and implementing PSM, MOCA, and HAZOP guidelines and procedures.
- Responsible for achieving all PSM, Hazop, and other Unit Audit action item targeted completion dates with the Operations Supervisors.
- Responsible for developing / overseeing the development and review of all operating and emergency procedures.
- Develops and maintains new operator, refresher and unit specific training programs.
- Ensures all employees assigned to the operating asset are compliant with all training requirements.
- Acts as unit / area Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Assists with troubleshooting to solve unit operational and maintenance problems as needed in conjunction with the Operations Supervisor and Technical Support.
- Works with Operations Supervisors and Operators in implementing team management style; and all other aspects of supervisor employee relations.
- Reviews operational data and lab analysis to ensure the unit asset can achieve product quality and production goals on a longer term basis.
- Provides feedback to Operations Supervisors and Ops Services as needed to ensure unit (asset) is fully optimized/utilized at all times.
- Works with the Environmental Department as required to ensure compliance with all environmental regulations.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Ten years' of refinery operations experiencerequired.
- Five years' supervisory experiencerequired.
- Bachelor of Science Degree (or higher) in engineering or related field preferred.
Valero Energy Corporation, through its subsidiaries, is an international manufacturer and marketer of transportation fuels, petrochemical products and power. Valero subsidiaries employ approximately 10,000 people, and assets include 15 petroleum refineries with a combined throughput capacity of approximately 3 million barrels per day, 11 ethanol plants with a combined production capacity of 1.4 billion gallons per year, and a 50-megawatt wind farm. More than 7,500 outlets carry the Valero, Diamond Shamrock, Shamrock and Beacon brands in the United States and the Caribbean; Ultramar in Canada; and Texaco in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Through subsidiaries, Valero owns the general partner of Valero Energy Partners LP, a midstream master limited partnership. Valero is a Fortune 50 company based in San Antonio.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team.
About the Port Arthur Refinery
The Valero Port Arthur Refinery was commissioned in 1901 and has had many process additions and improvements in its history. In 2001, nearly $850 million was invested in a delayed coker and hydrocracker to enable the plant to run heavy, sour crude. In 2007, crude and vacuum capacity was expanded, which increased the refinery’s ability to process lower-cost, heavy sour crude oil and increased throughput capacity to 310,000 barrels per day (BPD). In 2012, a $1.6 billion hydrocracker and saturated-gas plant project was commissioned to further increase refinery throughout and diesel production. The refinery is strategically located on the Texas Gulf Coast, approximately 90 miles east of Houston. The refinery’s location accommodates its extensive logistics system, which includes access to Gulf Coast water-borne crude oil via the refinery docks, Pleasure Island Dock or through the Sun Oil or Oil Tanking terminals.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.
Job: Operations/Skilled Crafts & Trades/Maintenance
Primary Location:US-TX-Port Arthur
Job Posting Oct 12, 2017, 7:46:24 PM
Unposting Date Ongoing