Electrical Engineer III
5 - 7 years experience • Manufacturing / Electronics
Under the general direction of the Product Engineering Manager, the Electrical Engineer III (EE3) is an integral part of the engineering department and plays a key role in the new product development function of the company. The EE3 participates in the design, development, and sourcing of the electrical assemblies for new products and/or upgrades to current products. Responsibilities include developing documentation, testing, and production designs for electronic components and assemblies, providing technical sourcing aid to the purchasing function before and after production release, and providing collaborative and pro-active support to product development, sales, and marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the design, analysis, and evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements.
- Work directly with Product Designers and Product Engineers, to incorporate PCBs into custom housings, integrated mechatronic systems, and finished good product
- Provide Electronic Circuitry Design to include a wide range of flashlights, measurement devices for recording ballistics data, gunsmithing measurement devices, and new technology introduction (NTI).
- Be a key contributor of innovation, for existing products, products in development, and during new product conception.
- Generation of new product ideas, and heavy involvement in product conception and definition activities.
- Responsible for developing printed circuit board (PCB) design and interface to support design function from concept to manufacturing.
- Ability to identify and secure all necessary components and equipment to support the product design process.
- Construction of fixtures as required for prototype evaluation and testing.
- Creation of standards and test instructions to qualify product to industry standards.
- Generate and/or assist with the development of product specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
NOTE: This list presents only the principal duties of the position and is not intended to be comprehensive. The duties and responsibilities listed above may be changed or supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5+ years of experience
- 3-D modeling experience preferred
Competencies and Skills:
- A high degree of project management proficiency in a development environment
- Demonstrated ability to be a technical lead in the department for other engineering staff and technicians
- An ability to determine and implement product cost reduction programs
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles (DFMEA, DVP&R, and etc...)
- Strong knowledge of industry and mil standards i.e., ANSI, IEEE, FDA.
- Working knowledge in Data Acquisition equipment and principles
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects at the same time with accelerated timelines
- Knowledgeable in use of electronics troubleshooting and SMT rework equipment
- Experience with Embedded Firmware Development (EFD) in Assembly, C and/or C++ is desired
- Experience with programming in the Windows Operating environment
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office products
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required, and must be solution driven with the ability to generate creative/innovative solutions.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative development environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Firearms experience desired
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Some work is required in "off-hours" for business meetings/company events.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer.
- Ability to move about facility on regular basis to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking.
- Visual and hearing acuity.
NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment and Personal Protective Equipment:
- General office environment, with some exposure to plant environment, with fork lift and other general hazards.
- Exposure to the outdoors, unstable ground, and some climbing.