Alcoa (NYSE: AA) is a global industry leader in bauxite, alumina and aluminum products, with a strong portfolio of value-added cast and rolled products and substantial energy assets. Alcoa is built on a foundation of strong values and operating excellence dating back nearly 130 years to the world-changing discovery that made aluminum an affordable and vital part of modern life. Since inventing the aluminum industry, and throughout our history, our talented Alcoans have followed on with breakthrough innovations and best practices that have led to efficiency, safety, sustainability and stronger communities wherever we operate.
This position may work out of most areas of the US with convenient air travel options to OEM's and Knoxville, TN.
As part of the Aluminum Commercial Team, the New Business Development Manager will capture business opportunities with customers and markets not currently served by the Aluminum business unit.This role will need to closely coordinate with current Sales Managers, technical experts, the marketing group, and other key stakeholders. This person will assess & analyze potential and existing markets to build a new business growth strategy for the Aluminum Business Unit, and with support from the commercial and operations team, will manage the delivery of the new business development strategy.
- Partner closely with OEM's to convert current material supply choices (e.g. secondary to primary Al, Cu to Al)
- Work with current and potential customers to incorporate Al Solutions into the design phase of key OEM projects
- Identify and develop markets and connections for new product developments
- Develop export markets for applicable products
- Travel to new and existing customer locations, Alcoa locations and industry events as required
- Develop, propose and recommend a new business strategy by working with internal and external networks, work with teams to execute on said strategy
- New and existing market data analysis as required to build and sustain the new business development strategy
- Negotiation with new or existing customers on products, pricing and the overall development process
- Develop and manage relationships within the Auto OEM space (and others) to build and execute current and future new business development plans
- MBA or advanced degreepreferred
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills with experience developing and executing go to market strategies and collateral support needs.
- Exceptional execution and influencing skills necessary to deliver customer and market plans
- Solid financial acumen to translate plans and actions into business impact.
- Experience translating financial data into business solutions, while identifying trends and forecasting.
- Demonstrated emotional intelligence, self-motivated and driven.
- Knowledge of Aluminum industry, strong technical knowledge
- Knowledge of automotive industry
- Demonstrated career progression in the sales and marketing functions with a strong customer orientation
- Proven ability to establish customer contract strategies and then successfully negotiate a contract
- International business experience
- Globally mobile