This position is looking for a candidate that has several years of experience specifically in corporate credit analysis covering the financials or insurance industry.
General Purpose Of The Job
Responsible for analyzing financial information, drawing investment conclusions, making recommendations and consistently monitoring the creditworthiness of capital market borrowers (primarily issuers of corporate bonds). The analyst also serves as a resource to the staff and helps mentor junior members of the team.
Gathers and analyzes company financial statements; industry, regulatory and economic information; new government legislation; and financial periodicals and newspapers.
- Interprets data concerning price, yield, stability, and future trends of investments.
- Summarizes data describing current and long-term trends in investment risks and economic influences pertinent to investments.
- Prepares reports, including charts and graphs, to illustrate trends, future payoffs, and possible risks of various investment opportunities.
- Continually monitors portfolio investments for events that may affect credit quality, result in ratings changes, and/or cause price changes.
- Develops recommendations and presents credit opinions to research group and portfolio manager, with minimal oversight.
- Performs analysis on complex situations, including recovery analysis on distressed investments.
- Develops industry relationships with analysts at the credit rating agencies, brokerages, and third-party research providers.
- Mentors junior analyst staff and serves as a resource to staff.
Education And/Or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university is required; CFAdesignation is preferred; four-to-eight years of related experience. Additionally, 3-5 years of experiencedirectly covering financials/insurance is preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply mathematical applications to tasks.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Certificates, Licenses, Professional Designations
Analyst shall hold, or work towards attaining, the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- Position requires substantial mental demands and nearly continuous study and analysis of finance-related information.
- Position requires the ability to interpret information from financial statements and draw conclusions from that information. Must develop informed opinion and provide supporting information. Position requires strong written and verbal skills to successfully communicate with coworkers, outside sales professionals, outside peers, various company management teams and senior management.
- New investment opportunities often come with a short time frame. Position requires the ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines and ability to have multiple projects in progress at the same time and the ability to switch back and forth between tasks.
- Requires maintenance of relationships with outside sales professionals, ability to interact with various management teams, interaction with peers from outside the organization and interaction with coworkers including accounting staff and senior management.