- The Senior Manager Business Development (Spares/MRO/LTA) oversees the development of global marketing campaigns in support of MRO, Spares LTA, Licensing, and Surplus activity to achieve 20% growth rate over current market conditions on a base business $365M.
- Organizes and manages business models to optimize profit and meet business development targets. Tracks and manages sales and bookings with a focus on achieving Interiors financial goals as well as corporate growth objectives. Represents the Interiors BU and contributes to Spares & MRO LTA proposals progressing through the Customer Services Proposal Management Group (PMG) group. This position reports directly to the Aftermarket Director and has one direct report (Manager Spares/MRO/LTA).
- Manages the aftermarket business development / marketing strategy specifically for Interiors commercial aftermarket for its MRO, Spares LTA’s, Licensing, and Surplus activity, including analytical research, forecasting, business modeling, sensitivity analysis, and present information in an organized manner to Interiors Leadership Management team.
- Collaborates with various functional areas, including contracts, sales, MRO Campuses, engineering, quality, finance, manufacturing, as well as Customer Services to develop and provide MRO and LTA definitions and responses to customer needs and market opportunities.
- Collaborates with various functional areas (i.e. contracts manager, analyst, finance, global MRO network, etc.) to define and create MRO and LTA requirements and ensure value propositions meets market requirements.
- Promote and drive new MRO / Spares LTA activities in collaboration with the Interiors Manager Spares/MRO/LTA (Customer Facing) and Customer Service teams / MRO Campuses.
- In coordination with the Customer Facing Manager Spares/MRO/LTA develop robust customer meeting and salescampaign implementation plans.
- Responsible to ensure timely and accurate proposal activity / inputs in support of the two (2) week Proposal process through the Contracts and Proposal Management Group (PMG) teams; both within Interiors and the centralized Customer Services organizations.
- Develop Interiors’ surplus strategy, establish goals and drive revenue in alignment with Interiors financial objective.
- Establishes metrics and tracks the progress of each new opportunity.
- Prepares executive business case summaries in accordance with the Interiors and Central Customer Services Bid/No-Bid forms in support of new opportunities, Spares, MRO and LTA capture.
- Collaborates with Analysis teams to produce competitive analysis materials comparing market opportunities, MRO solutions with its key competitors.
- Provides leadership for quarterly Interiors Grassroots event that includes tracking key initiatives, gap analysis, risks and opportunity analysis and forecast sales.
- Maintains communications and contacts to collect and analyze technical, financial, schedule, and sales information for Spares, MRO and LTA activity.
- Serves as customer advocate within company for the global MRO and LTA activity and supports special projects.
- Supports and participates in continuous improvement of business processes for effective engagement and appropriate cross-functional support. Support Enterprise and Interiors ACE requirements and standardization including ACE Certification progression activities in alignment with Interiors Policy Deployment objectives and improvement initiatives.
- Technical experience working Interiors specific products preferred
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and team building ability
- Strong ACE (continuous improvement) and customer focus
- Proven track record of demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and understand contract documents
- Strong customer focus with a good business acumen
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Ability to act strategically and tactically to support successful project completion
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work hours in excess of 40 per week
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize both daily issues and strategize longer term projects
Working Conditions - Physical requirements and environment
- Based in Phoenix Arizona
- Office environment with moderate noise levels
- Occasional need to be on production floor, requiring safety glasses, safety shoes, and ability to stand for long periods
- Domestic and international travel up to 20%
- Ability to input, access, retrieve, and send information via computer
- BS degree in related field (Economics, Finance, Program Management, etc.) and at least ten (10) years related experience
Job ID 55676BR