Product Compliance Engineering Manager
People and Program Manager - responsible for the management of enterprise-wide programs and processes to support company Product Compliance initiatives as well as compliance personnel.
The Product Compliance Manager creates programs and leads global projects to address product standards, certifications, and regulations including those required for electrical safety, management of hazardous substances in products, EMC performance, energy efficiency of products, and end-of-life responsibilities.
The Manager is also responsible for working with Rockwell Automation businesses to proactively develop strategies for new and existing products which ensure that Rockwell Automation products meet relevant product regulations and certification requirements.
- Develops compliance programs and processes to ensure that Rockwell Automation products meet global requirements for safety certifications and environmental regulations. Ensures that compliance activities are managed consistently by global team members in a repeatable and auditable way.
- Coordinates enterprise-wide projects which cross multiple business units to ensure compliance of RA products to new or changing requirements. May be involved in compliance activities for projects of high importance to the organization.
- Supports external customers by addressing requirements for product compliance information.
- Provides supervision for team members, including onboarding and people development. Identifies and develops high potential employees, technical talent and future leaders for ES and RA.
- Leads strategy development, business process development, and critical issue closure across technical disciplines for local organizational functions
- Leads enterprise-wide projects to ensure compliance of RA products to new or changing requirements. May be involved in compliance activities for projects of high importance to the organization.
- Proactively manages relationships with BU leadership to support projects and understand upcoming needs, issues, gaps, etc. Provides updates to critical issues, upcoming requirements, etc. to BU engineering leads.
- Responsible for influencing business groups to incorporate regulatory and certification requirements into product designs for both legacy and new products.
- Builds strong relationships and partnerships across the company to leverage ideas, capabilities, and processes. Unifying internal constituents around a common vision and goals, and teaming with others for enhanced outcomes.
- Responsible for overall budget for cost center, including agency fees, to within 5% of forecasts.
- Leads strategic planning activities with RA BU’s and other functional groups to provide guidance on global standards, regulations, and conformity assessment as necessary (i.e. Business Unit Strategy Reviews, Technology Roadmap development, and regional Logistics conferences).
- Develops, manages and distributes Key Process Indicators (KPI’s) for projects, programs and the cost center and provide scorecards for upper management.
- Manages aggressive objectives in context of higher-level business goals / constraints.
- Comprehends the needs and requirements of customers or business partners in order to bring strategic value to them. Promoting regulatory compliance and customer needs as the key drivers for business goals and initiatives.
EOE, M/F/Disabled, Vet
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- B. S. Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Computer Engineering or related technical field with knowledge in the application of basic engineering and manufacturing principles, theories, and techniques.
- 5+ years’ experience leading teams and developing employees. Cost center management experience strongly preferred.
- 8+years’ experience in Manufacturing/Development Engineering Organization, preferably in an electronics manufacturing organization.
- Proven experience and results in driving change, preferably across multiple departments / organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively through all levels in the organization.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to frame and manage effectively a large quantity of ambiguous or complex work.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills are required.
- Rockwell Automation will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. No sponsorship is eligible with this role.
- Willing to travel up to 25% (including international) for promotion and implementation of various initiatives and programs.
- LSS and/or PMP certification is a plus.
- Experience in new product development, including utilizing the Rockwell Automation Common Product Development (CPD) Process as well as knowledge of SAP, is strongly preferred.
- Further education in engineering, business administration, operations or project management is a plus.
- Familiarity with Rockwell Automation products is a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified, Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.