The time is right to join HNTB Corporation! We are currently seeking a Tolling Consultant Project Engineer in our Arlington, Richmond, or Virginia Beach, VA offices as part of our Mid-Atlantic Tolling Practice. The Toll Consulting Project Engineer is responsible for the successful management and delivery of projects and assignments as needed for our tolling clients located primarily within Mid-Atlantic region.
Provides coordination of project execution and control, in a given discipline area, to achieve continuity of purpose within scope, budget, and time schedules from initial start-up through project closeout. Also accountable for handling specific design aspects on projects appropriate to discipline field. Coordinates efforts of assigned design team to ensure completeness and accuracy of design effort. Serves as technical liaison with client on project efforts. Responsible for gross revenue of <$1M.
- Responsible for the delivery of project discipline scope elements within budget and schedule.
- Oversees completeness and accuracy of project team’s work. Guides team to overall project objectives.
- Serves as technical liaison with client at staff level for work within the discipline.
- Assists with project management duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Development of technical specifications and requirements for the implementation of toll system civil infrastructure, as well as operations of electronic toll collection lane systems and back offices (customer service and violation processing centers).
- Support oversight and consultation to clients regarding the delivery of roadside toll collection and back office systems including testing and commissioning of systems.
- Provides technical expertise and consultation to clients on aspects of the design and implementation of in-lane toll collection systems, back office systems, and related tolling civil infrastructure.
- Supports HNTB projects which provide the services described herein. Includes development of proposals, scope of work, fee estimates, and schedule for consulting services.
- Assists with project QA activities such as verification of Bill of Materials.
- Responsible for monitoring of testing, including factory testing and operational testing and tracking of issues through resolution.
- Conducts toll collection system analysis; auditing lane data using data monitoring and recording systems.
- Provides technical expertise regarding toll system civil infrastructure.
- Provides technical expertise regarding IT-related issues and requirements associated with revenue collection and account management systems.
- Evaluates system vendors and provide recommendations to clients for available technologies and vendor capabilities.
- Exercises cost control on aspects of projects and quality control within areas of responsibility for planning, design and construction phases of projects.
- Completeness and accuracy of work.
- Technical liaison with client forwork within the discipline.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
6 years relevant experience
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license
- Experience working with Toll Agencies in toll operations and/or toll technology activities.
- Candidate must have experience with Managed Lane Systems
- Ideal candidate would have Vendor relations experience and be able to evaluate system vendors and provide recommendations for replacement and upgrade of toll systems and account management systems
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
Job ID 1117-17205