Sleep Number is building a dynamic Digital IT team that will lead the development of our innovative digital platform - Hybris. The Senior Java Developer is responsible for the development of web applications with a focus on client-side web technologies and will be working with the other members of the development team to understand requirements and develop code to meet these requirements. The Senior Java Developer position is a technical role and requires strong client-side development skills.
- Addresses the technical needs and requirements of an IT audience and the business requirements of the customer (marketing, financial, operational)
- Delivers to the strategy of the ecommerce business; including the planning, implementation and management of the business from launch through to the successful delivery of services
- Ensures software developed is held to company quality standards through code and design reviews
- Works with large scale Java application design
- Participates in the software design, software development, and package implementation using the platform Hybris
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Collaborates with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyzes tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Minimum of 5 years Java development experience.
- Strong experience in Spring Framework. Strong Experience in Hybris eCommerce platform preferred.
- Strong RDBMSexperience, particularly MySQL, Oracle and/or SQL server preferred.
- Experience with business rules engines, workflow systems, product configurations or data warehousing.
- Advanced Java Knowledge
- Advanced understanding of the online media or ecommerce solutions as well as web design.
- Advanced Java development experience.
- Highly web-literate; with a strong understanding of online retail trends.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Works independently with minimal oversight.
Job ID 2017-15273