Release Managers require extensive experience in order to provide leadership on structuring application changes into a release to meet operational needs while limiting abrupt changes in a production systems environment. The Release Manager leads the common definition and methodology of a release management framework for the enterprise by collaborating with portfolio management and other IT domain stakeholders to drive consistency and predictability of every release deployment into production. Release Managers must possess a strong knowledge of software integration. This position is located with HQ USSOCOM on MacDill AFB in Tampa, FL.
Typical duties include:
- Tracking and documenting bug resolution efforts and trends, while highlighting positive and negative trends for future release practices.
- Deriving test plans from stakeholder input and communicating the details effectively to development teams.
- Coordinating across software development groups to ensure teams understand their goals and are meeting them according to agreed metrics.
- Identifying and documenting successes and challenges in release cycles to improve future processes.
- Certification Requirements: ITIL Intermediate Release, Control, and Validation
- At least five years of related technical experience
- Experience managing teams in a matrix organization with a portfolio of several projects.
- Experience mentoring on tools and techniques of Project Management and coaching direct reports.
- Experience with system analysis and design or infrastructure design, deployment, and support.
- Experience managing projects that have team members that are not co-located.