The flagship hospital and tertiary referral center for Mount Carmel Health System, Mount Carmel East, is in the midst of an exciting period of growth—our ongoing modernization project will result in an all-private, 381-bed campus optimized to provide the healthcare of tomorrow while reflecting our commitment to people-centered care in everything we do. With our new, 5-story tower opening in June 2018, go-live of level II trauma care in August 2018, and a comprehensive stroke program, we will bring comfort, confidence and advanced care to Columbus' east side communities for generations to come.
The Director, Patient Care Services works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team to provide administrative support and direction to a group of managers with Patient Care Services.
The Director, Patient Care Services is responsible for quality and standards of patient care, performance improvement, program management, business operations, budget and resource utilization, and management development for designated areas.
- Collaborates with all disciplines on the healthcare team and within the organization to develop goals and objectives, performance targets and business and strategic plans as appropriate for designated areas.
- Develops new programs in response to identified community, organizational and/or patient needs
- Oversees and directs quality monitoring for designated areas, focusing on optimal patient outcomes, regulatory, compliance, risk management, and continuous quality and process improvement
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with all stakeholders and community organizations to promote service to all customers. Fosters and environment that ensures designated areas have the information necessary to function optimally
- Ensures financial performance and profitability of designated areas through the development and monitoring of the operating and capital budgets and department contracts in accordance with the Finance Department's standards
- Promotes a Culture of Safety by adhering to policy, procedures and plans that are in place to prevent adverse outcomes to colleagues or patients
- Models and promotes professionalism in nursing practice within the model of the ANCC Magnet Recognition Program®
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required and a Master's degree in nursing, healthcare, business or other related field required
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Ohio
- Five years recent healthcareexperience
- Effective Communication Skills
- Ability to effectively develop and coach multidisciplinary teams
At Mount Carmel, we invest in your success. You’ll lead a designated group of talented colleagues to advance patient-centered care every day. Join us in our mission to transform the lives of those we serve.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or physical ability.