We are seeking an experienced NICU RN with leadership skills.
Description: Supports Inova's mission and strategic plans by managing a nursing unit with 24-hour responsibility. Provides input to
budget development and attainment of fiscal goals. Ensures unit compliance with quality, safety, regulatory requirements,
and JCAHO standards. Demonstrates leadership traits and supporting behavioral competencies. Manages clinical and
non-clinical staff, including day-to-day supervision, employee relations, and staff development. Tactical - Serves as
primary liaison and information resource for unit. Oversees the provision of therapeutic care in a holistic, evidence based
environment which produces excellent patient care with optimal patient outcomes. Utilizes the quality process and best
practices to improve clinical operation of the unit. Utilizes JCAHO standards and nursing practice tools and research to
support a care delivery system that produces quality care with optimal outcomes. Incorporates data and information to
continually improve operations.
- 2 years of clinical experience related to the unit's scope required; previous first line management experience preferred.
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing (BSN) required; Masters Degree in Nursing (MSN) or evidence of pursuing on a continuing basis preferred.
- BLS certification.
- Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Proven Leadership Skills and highly effective at leading a team and fostering a team environment. Demonstrates professionalism. Customer focused, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain partnerships. Strong problem solving capabilities and can effectively prioritize. Able to serve as a mentor and resource to other RNs.
Job ID 33081BR