Decypher is a leading integrator of professional, technology, and management solutions and services. We provide our services globally to Federal, Commercial, Local and State clients. Our employees are our most valuable asset and play an integral role in the success of Decypher and our clients. Working at Decypher is not a job, but a career where your talent and energy is respected and you can personally make a difference. Decypher invites you to join our professional team. Decypher is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce (M/F/D/V).
Decypher is seeking System Administrator candidates to support the HQ Air Education and Training Command (AETC) located at Randolph Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Configure, assemble, install and maintain system hardware.
- Manage hardware and software maintenance contracts.
- Load, install, configure, and maintain server operating systems.
- Load, install and configure ADSS system client software on ADSS users’ computers.
- Provide systems management by administering various servers and functions (including web, file, application, backup, development, and production)
- Troubleshoot or assist in the troubleshooting ADSS.
- Resolve interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms.
- Set up user accounts and rights in the operating system.
- Set up user accounts and rights within the ADSS application.
- Maintain file and directory structures and rights consistent with system design.
- Secure the system according to applicable regulations and directives.
- Support computer network system security.
- Manage day-to-day system activities, for both production and development systems.
- Configure systems and networks per customer/client requirements for the user environments.
- Act as manager for the system change control / configuration management database.
- Manage code movement from development to test to production.
- Conduct system operations on a 5 days a week, 14 hours-a-day schedule.
- Track, log and report downtime.
- Plan for capacity improvement.
- Create and execute backup procedures and plans.
- Create and test system contingency plans (COOP).
- Create and execute notification and escalation procedures.
- Conduct system security checks and audits and report the results to the ADSS PM.
- Test and upgrade ADSS system and operating system software.
- Create backup procedures and plans.
- Perform scheduled backups in accordance with developed procedures.
- Create and test recovery procedures and plans.
- Create and test disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Recover data and/or the system.
- Create and maintain all documentation related to this role.
- Create a Systems Administrative Plan that includes but is not limited to:
- Process for ensuring system and data backup (daily)
- Process for recovery of system and data items as required
- Process for monitoring system performance (e.g., table or application failures, hardware and network problems, response time by application and/or data)
- Process for maintaining ADSS production, sustainment and support servers, operating systems, and communications
- Process for ensuring all operating systems are configured IAW Security Technical Implication Guides (STIG) and AF Instructions (AFI)
- Process for ensuring server security is IAW with JBSA Randolph AFB directives
- Process for debugging ADSS errors as they apply to the ADSS for all system problems other than COTS production software
- Process for maintaining commercial support software inventories
- Process for coordinating with sustainment teams to ensure hardware can be supported
- Process for working with sustainment teams to assist in software configuration and installation procedure definition
- Process for facilitating repair of GOTS/COTS hardware products with product vendor
- Process for facilitating repair of GOTS/COTS software products
- Process for maintaining/updating, executing, and testing the COOP periodically.
- Process for managing GFE spares and parts required to facilitate timely repairs and operation of the ADSS infrastructure and equipment
- Process for coordinating and helping facilitate DISA/AF GIG network connectivity issues with network personnel (i.e. INOS, MCCC) when the ADSS encounters network connectivity issues
- Process for testing (semi-annually) database back-up and recovery plans
- Process for obtaining and maintaining certifications necessary to support duties as system administrator