5 - 7 years experience • Engineering Services
Lightweight Metals Engineering
Industry: Manufacturing & Production
Engineering – Electrical
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Possible for ideal candidate
Wheel and Transportation Products (AWTP), global market leader in the forged, aluminum heavy-duty truck wheel market. The Maintenance Leader is the first level of authority in the manufacturing plant providing leadership, coaching and clear direction to ensure people are working safely, meeting customer demand, solving problems, eliminating waste and meeting goals in the S-Plant. The primary function is to plan, oversee and coordinate day-to-day maintenance execution of facility, equipment and machinery
• JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Working closely with planning and metallurgy team to ensure that all thermal process requirements are up to date and proper record keeping is in place.
• Diagnose and assist in solving difficult maintenance problems and recurring malfunctions.
• Coordinate maintenance activities across three shifts. Work closely with shift supervisors to ensure best practices are followed.
• Support operating results through the management of subordinates with emphasis on quantity, quality, timeliness, safety, recovery, and delivery performance.
• Ensure work is allocated fairly and clearly assigned to crew members; formulate and assign tasks within guidelines established by department management.
• Decide and deploy appropriate crewing arrangements for planned and unplanned situations based on absences, schedule requirements, equipment availability, and vacations.
• Identify opportunities for problem-solving teams targeting waste elimination.
• Determine maintenance and inspection methods and directs maintenance workers in operating procedures.
• Requisition materials, supplies, and parts for department.
• Understand and utilize department measures which enable tracking of performance and progress towards achieving department goals.
• Manage the daily activities of assigned employees (including assigned Work Leaders).
• Manage safety of subordinates utilizing the concepts of Human Performance.
• Lead individual safety discussions and job specific safety reviews.
• Supervise maintenance personnel engaged in setting up, installing, repairing, and maintaining machinery and equipment.
• Assess training needs and assists in training.
• Recommend adjustments to pay.
• Complete performance appraisals.
• Initiate timely corrective action as appropriate (including attendance/tardiness.
• Lead the maintenance forces in rapidly responding to breakdown situations.
• Work with maintenance technicians to apply root cause analysis and rapid problem solving techniques to minor exceptions to find and eliminate the fundamental problems.
• 5 + years’ experience
• 5years’ experience supervising/managing at team, Strong leadership skills.
• Associates degree from an accredited institution
• Maintenance experience in a Casting environment, Metallurgy and Thermal process.
• Experience with mechanical systems, electrical, automation and control systems maintenance.
• Lean manufacturing principles.
• Working with a predictive / preventative maintenance programs, previous involvement with capital projects.
• Experience with formal CMMS programs.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Computerized Maintenance.
• Open to working any shift.
• Willingness to Travel – Occasionally.
Ajulia Executive Search is a search firm specializing in Manufacturing, Finance, IT, Legal and Pharmaceutical positions. This is a confidential search for one of our preferred clients. It is a direct hire position that includes competitive compensation and full comprehensive benefit package.