We are currently seeking a Facility Manager - Incinerator to be responsible for the overall operational and financial results of one or several locations within a region. In conjunction with the Sales, Customer Service, Accounting and Safety, and Environmental groups, ensure that all regulatory compliance and safety issues are addressed and are within compliance. Ensure that the locations meet or exceeds its goals as it pertains to regulatory compliance, revenue growth, budget, profit growth, account retention, safety and continuous improvement.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Selects, trains, and develops an effective and efficient staff:
• Makes every reasonable effort to select, train, and develop qualified, diverse workforce.
• Establishes and communicates performance standards and objectives; conducts performance appraisals.
• Recommends salary adjustments, promotions, transfers and dismissals.
• Monitors operations and staff and recommends, when necessary, changes in methods, procedures, structure, and additions or changes in personnel to secure optimum utilization ofresources.
• Counsels and coaches team members on educational and job opportunities in order toenhance career development, and keeps staff informed of current problems, procedural/operational changes, and new developments in the department and Company byconducting periodic meetings.
• Administers and communicates all Company policies and procedures, communicates to staff, interprets, as necessary, and ensures compliance and safety.
• Monitors and ensures that team members are performing their functions safely and productively. Makes recommendations for changes or improvement, when necessary, in order to prevent accident or injuries.
• Monitors department work productivity, reports on trends, and recommends and implements changes to continually improve work productivity.
• Develops subordinate managers and/or supervisors, particularly in the management techniques of planning, organizing, leading and controlling through continue coaching and feedback on performance.
2) Ensures that the entire plant is within regulatory compliance, including transportation, office and support within the plant operation. Reviews all applicable regulatory paperwork (i.e., TTL biological testing, training records, etc.). Manages database to include annual permit renewals, accidents and workers compensation records, etc. Establishes and maintains effective contactwith state and local regulatory contacts and coordinates inspection and customer environmental tours. In addition, ensures that operational and customer related functions are completed timely, accurate and sufficient to meet standards. Meet with the key team members regularly to discuss and analyze reports with the goal of improving productivity and service. Identify inconsistencies and develop action plans consistent with Stericycle’s Customer 1st vision.
3) Ensure continual improvement of productivity standards and team member safety performance in all phases of the operation in order to achieve all financial/budgetary goals. Initiate actions to assure timely resolution of identified hazards or unsafe conditions and practices.
4) Provides financial forecasting and regularly reviews, analyzes, approves, and/or submits thefollowing:
• Payroll registers-Ensure all overtime hours are necessary and all team members are working efficiently.
• A/P batches and expense reports – Monitor expenses and account for unexpected changes.
• Manage capital expense projects.
• Monthly expense reporting (FRX).
• Monthly revenue/volume reports.
• New Team Member offers and paperwork.
5) Review and work with sites and site managers in the development and review ofinformation and informational reporting. Coordinate locations cost savings by utilizing Continuous Improvement Practices.
6) Ensure delivery of services through transportation, plant and customer service functions to enhance customer loyalty. Address issues that arise through customer feedback processes (eg.customer surveys)
7) Has thorough knowledge and understanding of permit requirements, CEMS rules, EPA, OSHA, DOT. Ensure all locations are following all DOT regulations, including VCR (Vehicle Condition Report) review and filing, and maintenance of HOS (Hours of Service) Logs.
8) Performs other related duties and/or project work as required or requested.
Education equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in related work experience. BS in management or environmental related field preferred, or related equivalent in related work experience.
Five or more years of progressive management experience in logistics and plant operations environment, demonstrating the ability to manage people in a manufacturing and/or transportation environment.
Demonstrates the ability to provide safe and regulatory compliant work conditions for all team members. Demonstrates knowledge and the ability to stay abreast of applicable regulations and codes, as they apply to the waste industry and those specific to area ofresponsibility. Demonstrates the ability to manage within an established budget as well as strong knowledge of budgetary processes, P&L statements, asset management, and projectmanagement. Demonstrates sound knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Must be able to input, monitor and manipulate data within these applications. Demonstrates extensive experience with waste heat recovery to include waste heat boilers, heat exchangers, steam turbines/generators or similar high speed rotating process equipment. Experience in the operations and maintenance of mass burn facilities and the production of electrical energy via steam turbine is preferred. Must have extensive experience in the operations and maintenance of high temperature processing equipment such as controlled air fixed hearth, reciprocating hearth or rotary kiln incinerators, and air pollution control equipment, such as fabric filter houses, wet scrubbers and all other ancillary equipment. Ancillary equipment includes: high temp refractory of various types, digital and analog process controllers (PLC), thermocouples, pH control systems, conductivity control systems, water and chemical feed systems such as various types of pumps and valves, hightemp gas flow control systems, such as forced and inducted draft fans, dampers, CEM systems, and emergency power back up systems. Must have a strong understanding of PID loop tuning and sequential processing and have the ability to troubleshoot system anomalies and direct corrective action with high temperature processing using all types of refractory materials.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.