The Access segment consists of the JLG and Jerr-Dan business units. At JLG, we are committed to being the provider of choice worldwide for access equipment. The Company's diverse product portfolio includes leading brands such as JLG aerial work platforms and JLG SkyTrak and telescopic forklifts. For 30 years, Jerr-Dan has redefined the towing industry. Jerr-Dan tow trucks, whether it be wreckers or carriers, have a proven track record in vehicle recovery.
Oshkosh Access is a segment of Oshkosh Corporation, which is a Fortune 500, multi-billion dollar company. At Oshkosh Corporation we are dedicated to designing and building the world's toughest specialty trucks, truck bodies, and access equipment by working shoulder-to-shoulder with the people who use them.
As IT Business Analyst-Manufacturing, you will be responsible for interacting with stakeholders, including business process owners, to analyze requirements, define, size, cost and deliver solutions in support of global manufacturing operations (GMO) and related business processes. A successful applicant will be able to demonstrate ability and working knowledge in the functionality of ERP and other systems that support lean manufacturing, operational reporting, quality management and asset management. The person must identify new ideas to develop innovative solution alternatives as well as to mentor other personnel providing business, technical and process counsel. In this role, the position will lead medium to large size projects and should be able to independently resolve problems proactively communicate, and manage project tasks with little supervision. The securityrisk level for this position is moderate; therefore, the incumbent may be subject to additional background screening requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
I. Business Analysis
1. Work closely with application developers and other business analysts to design a solution that meets the needs of the internal or external customers.
2. Create or revise process documentation including functional specifications, change management documentation, and user guides in accordance with IT standards and procedures.
3. Work with business process owners and others to seek out process improvements.
4. Perform estimates of customer requested changes.
5. Manage the development of alternative solutions for the business to consider.
6. Develop business partnerships.
II. Application Development
1. Coordinate the design and execution of system test plans to ensure fail-safe integration of changes to a production environment.
2. Develop and follow change management standards and procedures.
3. Work with otherdevelopers and business analysts, create, maintain and communicate IT development standards.
III. Project and Production Support
1. Manage medium to large sized projects or participate in a variety of projects through the entire project lifecycle.
2. Communicate task progress, issues and time reporting to the appropriate manager.
3. Support the scope and change control of each project to ensure project milestones are not impacted without approval.
4. Provide production support and perform other duties and responsibilities as requested or required.
IV. Soft Skills and Business Application
1. Business understanding and experience, especially related to manufacturing, service industry, telematics, IoT or otherBig Data applications
2. Experience delivering descriptive, predictive, or optimized analytics
3. Strong problem soliving and creativity skills
4. Success with agile project delivery
5. Desire to work in a rapid paced collaborative team environment
6. Ability to tell a story with data
V. Hard Skills: Programming & Database Experience with any of the following backgrounds:
1. Building visualizations with tools such as Cognos Analytics, Watson Analytics, Tableau, Clickview or Spotfire
2. Coding using advanced analytics engines such as SPSS Modeler, Apache Spark, PySpark, SparkR or CPLEX
3. Scripting and coding skills in Python, Java or SQL
4. Developing with ETL tools such as Data Stage
5. Experience with Hadoop Storage such as Cloudera, Hortonworks or IBM Big Insights
6. Experience with Big Data Analytics Appliances – notably IBM Netezza, IBM Pure Systems
7. Computing with cloud-Based architectures
VI. Hard Skills: Math & Statistics
1. Machine learning
2. Statistical modeling
3. Supervised learning
4. Unsupervised learning
5. Linear programming and other optimization techniques
6. Aptitude for and interest in learning mathematical concepts
-Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Business Administration
-8-plus years of related experience to include at least 3 years Project Management experience
-Strong understanding of the capabilities of ERP and related business software
-Solid understanding and knowledge of the manufacturing industry and best practices, technologies, business functions, and processes
-Experience in full software life cycle development
-Some travel will be required for the purpose of off-site implementation activities
-Related professional certification(s)
-LeanSix Sigma certification
-Organizational change management experience
-JD Edwards experience a plus
-Experience working in a large Corporate/Divisional model