- Primary Purpose
- Supervises the day-to-day activities and performance of staff that develop, train and support clinical applications, solutions and businss processes to meet the operational and clinical application needs of the organization.
- Serves as a liaison/technical resource with the business unit, information services, users and vendors.
- Major Responsibilities
- Supervises day-to-day activities of the Informatics Specialist team members. Prioritizes tasks, delegates assignments, and coaches team onperformance.
- Monitors workflow and assists in development/revisions of department procedures to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Mentors and trains new staff and provides ongoing training of existing staff to achieve maximum autonomy, proficiency and education of staff.
- Participates in various groups to identify problems, remove barriers, and improve services and operations.
- Supports the successful implementation, administration, and documentation of new and existing applications and workflow processes.
- Facilitates aspects of end user support to include troubleshooting application issues, providing issue resolution when able, and escalating morecomplex issues to manager/director and/or information systems as appropriate.
- Assists in evaluation of training cirriculum and recommends changes to cirriculum to ensure system optimization. May assist and facilitate delivering physician and advanced user training on system capabilities/functionalities as needed.
- Acts as a resource on moderately complex performance issues related to the application. Develops expertise in all core computer applications. Proactively monitors/evaluates the effectiveness of applications and systems. Assesses the adequacy and performance of hardware in clinical settings. Recommends new applications or enhancements based on operational needs.
- Works effectively with Project Managers, trainers, and project and site teams to ensure the development of training and support schedules within project timelines and budgets. Effectively communicates all scheduling aspects of application training and support requirements.
- Verifies timecards and productivity calculations. Performs quality checks for feedback and performance monitoring.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Business Management or related field.
- Required Functional Experience
- Typically requires 3 years of experience in providing operational support for systems, analyzing business and clinical processes, and providing advanced user training/education.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, with proficiency in instructing, guiding, assigning, advising and mentoring teammembers.
- Demonstrated leadership skills including decision making, delegation, team building, and customer service skills.
- Knowledge of and ability/experience with training on system uses and functionalities.
- Demonstrated analytical skills necessary to make sound recommendations based on data analysis and user needs.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access) or similar products and experience with large scale automated systems.
- Demonstrated experience and success working with operational and technical customers, vendors, peers, and management and experiencebuilding relationships with physicians, nurses, and other clinicians.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to partner with customers and guide them through challenging projects.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a thorough and timely manner.