Responsibilitiesinclude, but are not limited to:
- Plans,schedules and implements an innovative, evidence based, seven days per week (at least five programs per day with one program in the evening) activity program that is engaging and incorporates the Five Dimensions of Wellness:
- Emotional Dimension- 5 days per week
- Intellectual Dimension- 7 days per week
- Physical Dimension- 7 days per week
- Social Dimension- 7 days per week
- Spiritual Dimension- 3 days per week
- Develops and posts a comprehensive monthly calendar of events for the community. Calendar will be posted on a community bulletin board that is professional in appearance.
- Works with marketing, food service, administrative and other departments in the community to ensure quality resident programming.
- Organizes and/or conducts outings that are of interest to residents.
- Drives residents to and from scheduled outings and events using the community vehicle.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associate or bachelor’s degree in human service or recreation therapy preferred
- Licensed or registered, if applicable, by the state
- Eligibility for state certification as an activity director preferred.
- Valid state Driver’s License or Chauffeur’s license as required by property and/or state.
- First Aid Certification desired
- Experience working in a group setting with elders is preferred
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications used in job functions.