Core Values: As an organization, AAMVA believes core values are critical to individual success and effectiveness. Every individual will exhibit behaviors consistent with the following core values:
- Integrity and honesty in every interaction.
- Full accountability for individual behaviors.
- Customer service that is professional, responsive and positive.
- Innovation, collaboration and creativity in planning and problem solving.
The IT Division is responsible for the development and operations of information systems for the State and Federal agencies doing business related to, or using information from the administration of motor vehicles and driver licenses.
The Sr. Systems Analyst position is part of the AAMVA Quality Assurance Department. The primary responsibility of this position is to conduct testing with jurisdictions or other entities on designated applications. The resource must have a good foundation of knowledge of the AAMVA applications, testing experience and be able to deliver a high degree of customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proficient in testing of designated AAMVA applications; create and execute test plans and verify and document results
- Acquire full understanding of designated AAMVA applications through review of technical & business documentation, training sessions and hands-on experience
- Proficient in using the AAMVA test tools and other proprietary products (e.g., UNI, AMIE) and be able to efficiently troubleshoot problems
- Conduct reviews on test results based on AAMVA business/technical specifications
- Defect logging, tracking, status reporting, and communication
- Facilitate and conduct testing with customers implementing new and/or enhanced applications, including system testing for any jurisdiction making system or platform changes
- Participate in the review process for testing and procedural documentation related to testing
- Attend periodic meetings to discuss testing, concerns, reviews and schedules of testing, and any changes to the technical or business documentation
- Participate in customer out-reach, including but not limited to surveys, phone calls, scheduling, etc. and take part and provide input to various work groups
- Participate in or conduct the training of government staff
- Provide input into department status reports
- Attend periodic meetings to discuss issues, problems, and receive updates from management
Four yeardegree from accredited college or university, related experience may substitute for degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 3+ years experience in a Quality Assurance Tester Role performing both internal and external testing
- System analysis skills required as reviewing and editinginternal specifications is a key responsibility in the position.
- Experience with manual and backend testing required
- Ability to analyze and resolve customer issues
- Proven track record of providing outstanding customer service
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization (external and internal)
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Testing in Agile environment a Plus
- Soap UI Web services testing experience is a Plus
- Experiencepreferred with:
- Test management tools (e.g., Borland Silk Central, HP Quality Center, QMetry)
- Automated web services testing
- Manual and automated web-ui testing (front end and back end)
- Testing XML messages
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.