Fidelity Benefits Marketplace (FBM) is actively seeking an experienced an experience Software Engineer to assist in the development of our web experience, process tools and our future mobile presence. The position is responsible for working with development, operations and our business partners to define requirements and then executing on those requirements. This is a highly visible, program that will position us for the growth and scale we need as our business aggressively takes on new clients and wellness product offerings. This role could be filled in either Merrimack, NH or Durham, NC. The ExpertiseWe’re Looking For
- BS or higher education in Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent
- 4+ years of software development experience
- Experience with at least one Javacript framework like HTML5, Angular 2, Reactjs, Backbone or Nodejs etc.
- Exposure to mobile application development across any mobile OS platform
- Proficiency in multiple enterprise technologies, architectural styles, and techniques.
- Solid knowledge with Java and the Open Source stack
Our technology stack is diverse but largely based on open source and leading edge components (Java, Spring, JAX-RS, ActiveMQ, WSO2 ESB, Activiti BPM, Docker or Cloud Foundation). However, we are not bound by a particular technology and believe in applying the right technology depending on the challenge. As such, we are always exploring new technologies and new ways to continually provide value to our customers. The Purpose of Your Role You will be a part of the Engineering team that is responsible for developing and supporting applications that support a new integrated offering for clients across benefits administration, payroll and other Workplace Solutions products. The SkillsYou Bring
- You have strong technical design and analysis skills
- You have the ability to quickly acquire new skills
- You have excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
- You have the desire to take the initiative, with a view to continually making our product, processes and team better
- You have excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization
- You follow best practices for code development
- Proven experience integrating with APIs with a strong understanding of RESTful web services.
- Experience with Testing Frameworks with proven experience in Test Driven Development (Mocha/Chai/Jasmine, Protractor)
- Hands-on experience in developing applications utilizing MVC Architecture and configuring web containers with a focus on Test Driven Development.
- Code Quality/Coverage Tools (Sonar, JaCoCo or equivalent) preferred
The ValueYou Deliver
- Designing, building and helping to support mission critical applications that meet business needs
- Defining product solutions by working directly with business & product teams
- Delivering high quality systems on time
- Actively promoting reuse, best practices and standards across the organization
- Keeping abreast of latest practices and brings them back to teams when appropriate
- Spearheading solving of critical problems and resolving technical roadblocks across technologies
- Your knowledge and experience expressed through insights and great ideas