Our XL Global Asset Protection Service (XL GAPS) seeks a Senior HPR (HighlyProtected Risk) Property Loss Prevention Consultant who plays an important part inproviding our clients with engineering services that support the positive image ofour brand. XL GAPS is, and has been for more than a century, a leading Risk Control Consulting Organization with more than 160 professional loss prevention engineers across the world.
We do risk like no one else. That`s why companies that are moving the world forward choose us as their partner. The XL GAPS team is committed to delivering risk management solutions. We provide property loss prevention services to cost-effectively protect our clients operations and assets. The Senior Loss Prevention Consultant we are seeking will conduct surveys at client premises of all size and most occupancy to consult customers, gather property information, test fire protection equipment, establish location risk quality ratings and loss estimates and develop risk improvement recommendations.
What will your essential responsibilities include?
- Working with large multinational industrial clients.
- Visiting client's industrial sites to analyze risk, develop risk improvement strategies, and work with your clients on the implementation of risk improvement strategies.
- Handling project reviews across most occupancies.
- Providing consulting activities for GAPS including special visits, acceptance testing and loss investigation.
- Dealing with Risk Consultants on a global basis in order to gain co-operation within the network and to leverage the engineering as well as thebusiness know-how.
- Providing HPR property risk engineering evaluations for underwriting property insurance at XL insured clients.
- Providing property risk engineering for our unbundled customers.
You will report to the Regional Engineering Leader.
UNLEASH your potential
We're looking for someone with these abilities and skills:
- Extensive fire protection engineering experience.
- At least 6+ year’s industry experience in a field property loss prevention position or equivalent with exposure to a wide range of occupancies and knowledge of the related occupancy hazards.
- Extensive experience performing windstorm analysis, and development ofnatural hazard loss expectancies.
- Ability to work independently and deliver against deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of NFPA codes and FM data Sheets.
- Knowledge of functionality of IT systems.
- Proficient Client Service experience.
- Knowledge of construction practices.
- Experience in negotiation.
- Proficient presentation skills, including written and verbal.
- Skilled in time management and work techniques.
- BS in Engineering (or equivalent) plus continuing education in loss prevention engineering.