The CEO/President works closely with the Board of Directors, serving as a strategic leader and managing director of all departments to establish and maintain long-range goals, strategies, plans and policies. Develops a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and promote revenue, profitability and growth. Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop a strategic plan to advance the company's mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
- Oversee company operations to insure production efficiency, quality, service, and cost-effective management of resources.
- Plan, develop, and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the organization.
- Identify acquisition and merger opportunities and direct implementation activities.
- Approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Review activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives and revise objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Evaluate performance of senior management for compliance with established policies and objectives of the organization and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Represent the organization at legislative sessions, committee meetings, and at formal functions.
- Promote the organization to local, regional, national, and international constituencies.
- Regularly meets with key customers to determine their needs and plans.
- Evaluate the financial and organizational structure for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization while providing employees opportunities for professional and personal growth.
- Evaluating the success of the organization in reaching its goals. Making sure that each strategic goal is measurable or that the outcomes are aligned with performances measures and organization’s overall mission and vision.
- Maintaining awareness of both external and internal competitive landscape, opportunities for expansion, customers, markets, new industry developments and standards.
- Participating in industry-related events or associations that will enhance the CEO's leadership skills or the organization's reputation and potential for success. Making certain that staff members understand that these responsibilities are shared and that every employee is responsible for helping the organization maintain industry ties.
- Demonstrating leadership qualities that enable and provide direction and guidance that serve the overall organization, aligning with the overall vision and mission.
- Foster a learning environment that allows and encourages the organization’s continued growth and ability to flourish and enhance the skills and abilities of its employees.
- An experienced leader and executive with appropriate industry experiencepreferred.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic visionary with sound skills, analytical, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and who possesses excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Ability to develop financial plans and manage resources
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial data.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Exhibited professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate teams and simultaneously manage several projects
The CEO/President manages the senior executive team and is responsible for their performance management, hiring and termination.
- Requires strong executive, strategic, and cross functional leadership capabilities
- Responsible for multiple direct reports across a variety of roles, including business development, sales solutions, finance, human resources, operations and production
- Interacts with all levels of an organization, from Sr. leadership to an individual contributor, internally and externally
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Established and demonstrated senior/executive level experience preferably in retail, manufacturing, operations, sales and/or marketing.
- Impeccable references and industry track record.
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred but not required.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize, organize and handle multiple issues and projects concurrently.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating and change management
- Skilled in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures as needed.
- Experience in formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Knowledge of public relations principles and practices. Including knowledge of communication and public relation techniques.
- Demonstrated fiscal/budgetary management skills and experience, i.e. managing own P&L, budget, etc.
- Above all, the highest levels of integrity and character.
- Strong and convincing visionary & motivating leader who can build, inspire and play several critical roles in an organization.
- A team-oriented, collegial and collaborative leader who is able to create an open environment for all levels of the organization. Good networking skills and contacts; excellent people skills.
- A leader who assesses his or her own strengths and weaknesses and pursues all appropriate training and development opportunities.
STRONGLY PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/BACKGROUND
- Demonstrated, long-term professional and personal ties to the Hawaiian Islands
- Sales and Marketing experience
- Retail industry experience, with emphasis on retailsales
Bishop & Company provides recruiting and placement services for client companies and opportunities for job seekers throughout Hawaii, with emphasis on executive search, direct hire, temp to hire, and temporary/contract staffing. We charge no fees to our placed candidates and our temporary/contract employees. Our client services are 100% guaranteed.